09-07-2013
Med's Request
29-01-2014
Med's Done....
12-2-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19-02-2014 (Ottawa) , 07-03-2014 (local visa office)
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2014
Hi everyone,
I submitted my appeal and application form for Singapore Police Certificate (COC) after receiving a formal request from CIC last month. My application for COC was received by Singapore Police Force on 14th February'2014.

Just wondering, if anyone applied for COC before and how long normally it takes to send the certificate to CIC? any idea?

Thanks,

bip

Feb 15, 2013
EDMONTON
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
Doc's Request.
26-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-02-2013
Med's Request
28-11-2013
Med's Done....
13-12-2013
YES MR LUCKY
it wont take much time. i had applied on 15th December and they asked for further docs on 22 dec through e-mail. and they finalized it on 17th Jan. the horrible thing is that, it took around 26 days to reach me from sin to can. hope they are using a snail mail.

hope this would help you....

kkkmay2013

Feb 18, 2014
I submitted my appeal with the necessary documentation by email to SPF on 22 Feb 2014, haven't heard back from them yet. I don't know if they send an acknowledgment of receiving your email.

as per CIC's email it say 15 days for to receive a feedback on your appeal...so kind of waiting until 17 mar. has anyone contacted SPF through to check on the satus ?

thanks

Man415

Jul 25, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2014
AOR Received.
10-02-2014
Med's Request
10-02-14
Med's Done....
04-03-2014
Passport Req..
20-11-2014
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
kkkmay2013 said:
I submitted my appeal with the necessary documentation by email to SPF on 22 Feb 2014, haven't heard back from them yet. I don't know if they send an acknowledgment of receiving your email.

as per CIC's email it say 15 days for to receive a feedback on your appeal...so kind of waiting until 17 mar. has anyone contacted SPF through to check on the satus ?

thanks
You have to submit all original docs to SPF via mail including the appeal form, application form and the cic request email.after they received it they will email you that they have receive the application and will start processing it.They reply pretty fast on inquiries as long as they have the docs and you send it to the right person.

kkkmay2013

Feb 18, 2014
I thought of doing that but as per mail from CIC you need to send the appeal form first, upon which SPF will send you a mail of acceptance of rejection of that appeal. And then requesting for application form with necessary doc. Also CIC mentions that you need to notify them about the acceptance or rejection of the appeal.

Now its been 15 days and there is no reply from SPF. I even tried calling SPF on 65 - 6435 8275 or 65 - 6435 8277 but it goes to mailbox...
I am little confused whether to send all the docs to SPF or should write back to CPO.

thanks

Man415

Jul 25, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2014
AOR Received.
10-02-2014
Med's Request
10-02-14
Med's Done....
04-03-2014
Passport Req..
20-11-2014
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
kkkmay2013 said:
I thought of doing that but as per mail from CIC you need to send the appeal form first, upon which SPF will send you a mail of acceptance of rejection of that appeal. And then requesting for application form with necessary doc. Also CIC mentions that you need to notify them about the acceptance or rejection of the appeal.

Now its been 15 days and there is no reply from SPF. I even tried calling SPF on 65 - 6435 8275 or 65 - 6435 8277 but it goes to mailbox...
I am little confused whether to send all the docs to SPF or should write back to CPO.

thanks
I have sent an inquiry to SPF about getting a coc.I did secure a coc also when we left Singapore in 2012 and I somehow saw the docs that I used in getting a coc.I have used the application for citizen.so I immediately sent both appeal form and application form as what was recommended by a friend who got a coc at SG also.When SPF replied it states that I should send both appeal form and application form at the same time as after they denied the appeal,they can proceed using the application form.The application form was attached for foreigners,but the appeal form is the same.I emailed them and explain my case and they have accepted the form for citizen as there are very little difference in the form.
Send them an email and wait for their reply.

lucky_CA

Star Member
Jan 13, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
Doc's Request.
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
IELTS Request
Send with application
File Transfer...
09-07-2013
Med's Request
29-01-2014
Med's Done....
12-2-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19-02-2014 (Ottawa) , 07-03-2014 (local visa office)
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2014
Here is my time line for COC

Both appeal form and COC application form received by SPF on 14th February, 2014

SPF requested updated appeal form and additional supporting documents on 18th February, 2014

Send additional documents to SPF on 19th February by email

Got confirmation that appeal was approved on 21th February, 2014

COC completed and mailed by SPF on 14th February, 2014.

If you are calling to check the status of COC, try to call between 10 am and 12 noon Singapore time. I always got them during this time.

Hi bip, did they send it to your home address in Canada or to CPP-Ottawa directly?

kkkmay2013

Feb 18, 2014
thanks Man!

I have sent SPF a mail to check on my COC appeal. Also sent a mail to CIC about the status on my COC appeal and to advise what i should be doing further.

I am thinking of sending the applcation form (I have already lost 15 days waiting) and checked the form....the questions in the form are directed towards a Singapore citizen. I am not a Singapore citizen. Many of the questions seems to be Non applicable in my case.

Also I am my spouse were staying in singapore, but now we have a daughter, so do we provide this information as well...

Is there a guideline or help on how to fill this application form. can someone send me a sample filled form on my email address - fusionsap@gmail.com

All there...thanks for your help and advice!

Man415

Jul 25, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2014
AOR Received.
10-02-2014
Med's Request
10-02-14
Med's Done....
04-03-2014
Passport Req..
20-11-2014
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Kkkmay

Since you already submitted an inquiry to spf i may suggest u wait for their reply.they will attach application forms fo NON citizen that u will need to fill up.they will also send you the appeal form on which you need to submit.

The forms for non citizen is more easier to fill up as it has fewer details needed.I myself have used the forms for citizen before and have itchecked personally at cantonment office in outram before so I am bit familiar on filling it up when I needed an coc when I left sg in 2012.Just fill it up at once when they reply and send it to sg via express at canadian post.it cost me around $80 but it reached there in 8 days.

They should reply that they got yur application and when can they start to process it.processing for non citizen would take 3-4 weeks.spf have informed me that you can send a proxy to pick up the coc.I have opted for them to send it to my address here in ab.I too have a 3 yr old who was born in SG.they dont need a coc.only you and your husband.

Tomorrow will mark my 3 week processing of my spf form.ill drop tbem a mail for follow up.

kkkmay2013

Feb 18, 2014
hello Man!

I called today morning on these nubmers +65 - 6435 8275 or +65 - 6435 8277, but it says the mailbox is full, plz try later... i had tried these numbers earlier too.
Now its just wait and watch...patience...but how much...

thanks
Kiran

TTL

Star Member
Jan 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2013
File Transfer...
06-05-2013
Med's Request
07-02-2014
Passport Req..
07-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Passport sent 04042014, returned on 20052014
LANDED..........
22-05-2014
Hi there,

I have also applied for the Singapore COC recently. I have sent them a couple of emails via SPF_CID_COC@spf.gov.sg. Somehow there isn't any response from them.

kkkmay2013

Feb 18, 2014
Hi Lucky,

everytime I called them between 10 and 12, the number goes to voice mail (+65 - 6435 8275 or +65 - 6435 8277) I have left a voice msg, I never got a a person to answer the phone. I have send a second followup mail to them today. this is the 3rd week and i have not received any reply.

can you plz send me the Application form which SPF sent to you for "NON CITIZENS OF SINGAPORE" on fusionsap@gmail.com

thanks

kkkmay2013

Feb 18, 2014
Hi,

I asked one of my friends to get in touch with SPF, luckily he found one and the officer replied to me asking to send the appeal and application form by mail. So now i have mailed them all the documents. Should be reaching on Thursday mar 27th. Lets hope that they reply me soon.
will keep you posted guys. also to remember that effective april 1st the processing fee for police certificate is SGD $55 + $5 for postage.

thanks

Rambo911

Jun 1, 2014
Man415 said:
You have to submit all original docs to SPF via mail including the appeal form, application form and the cic request email.after they received it they will email you that they have receive the application and will start processing it.They reply pretty fast on inquiries as long as they have the docs and you send it to the right person.
Hi Man415,
I need a Singapore COC too. I have received the request mail.
1. So what forms should I fill in first and email them?
2. Will they email me back with the necessary forms? What if they don't?
3. Then should I post them all the docs?
4. Passport's first page & last page with expiry date, place of issue is needed and arrival/departure immigration pages but no other page right?
5. If we give the name of Proxy in the form, can we pass a scanned copy of the authorized mail with my signature?

Kindly help!

Man415

Jul 25, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2014
AOR Received.
10-02-2014
Med's Request
10-02-14
Med's Done....
04-03-2014
Passport Req..
20-11-2014
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Rambo911 said:
Hi Man415,
I need a Singapore COC too. I have received the request mail.
1. So what forms should I fill in first and email them?
Email SPF Singapore with a letter indicating your request for certificate of clearance.attach the request letter from CIC request.
2. Will they email me back with the necessary forms? What if they don't?
They should reply to you an email with the forms that you need to fill up and instructions being a non citizen.
3. Then should I post them all the docs?
After you fill up the documents include the bank draft payable to SPF Singapore ( please refer to the exact payee name at the website ).it would also ask for some more docs.im sorry I forgot the rest but they would indicate it to their reply email to you with instructions.
4. Passport's first page & last page with expiry date, place of issue is needed and arrival/departure immigration pages but no other page right?I have included the first date that I enter Singapore and the last departure date.the one you stated is also needed.
5. If we give the name of Proxy in the form, can we pass a scanned copy of the authorized mail with my signature?I haven't done proxy but a friend of mine have used a proxy and no scanned copy is allowed.in the application form it would state if you would use a proxy to claim the form.If you select yes you should include the full details of the person, Full name, address, NRIC of FIN number.Then send a letter to that person with your signature ans authorization to claim it on your behalf.He/She should present that letter in claiming the COC.

Kindly help!
I would strongly suggest include a cover letter on the application form stating again the reason for application and the CIC request letter.Also indicate that in case they won't allow a proxy to claim the letter to send it to the requesting office.the fee that you are paying includes the stamp fee sending it to the requesting office.Again as I haven't use a proxy I am not sure if they would really approve a proxy.If they would send it via snail mail, it's registered with tracking number, but ordinary and not express so for me it took 18 days for NS CIO to receive it.processing took 21 days plus the 18 days sent via mail.I would suggest do it NOW as the 60 days that CIC require might not be enough for SG COC.Fortunately for me my SG COC arrived in NS the very last day of the deadline given to me.