+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Certificate of Citizenship Help!

Apr 3, 2018
On the application, it says I should write my daughters name EXACTLY as it appears on her birth certificate. My daughter was born in beijing china, and on her certificate her name appears as chinese characters. Should i have my wife write them like this, should i write her name in Pinyin, or should i just leave the space blank until the consulate can tell me what to do? Thanks for the help!

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
On the application, it says I should write my daughters name EXACTLY as it appears on her birth certificate. My daughter was born in beijing china, and on her certificate her name appears as chinese characters. Should i have my wife write them like this, should i write her name in Pinyin, or should i just leave the space blank until the consulate can tell me what to do? Thanks for the help!
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/citizenship.12/

Harry001in

Aug 11, 2017
I mailed my application with supporting documents for my infant child end of March 2018. I mailed through Canada Post, however I did not sign up for tracking. It has been close to 2 months and I have not received any update from CIC regarding my application, whether it has been received or if it is in progress or any missing information. I do not know how to check my status online without any information being provided from CIC. Pleas advise.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
I mailed my application with supporting documents for my infant child end of March 2018. I mailed through Canada Post, however I did not sign up for tracking. It has been close to 2 months and I have not received any update from CIC regarding my application, whether it has been received or if it is in progress or any missing information. I do not know how to check my status online without any information being provided from CIC. Pleas advise.
Sometimes IRCC sends the AOR for Proof of Citizenship around 9 weeks after the application was received.