+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Certificate Date of Birth vs. Birth Certificate

navjjj1

Apr 13, 2021
Hi,
I got recently married and my spouse resides in India, she has never been outside of Canada.
I noticed her birth certificate is in her native language, and I guess I would need to translate this. However someone mentioned in this forum link to BLS or Consulate General of India to get birth certificate, however they offer only Certificate Date of Birth. Would this be sufficient? Also since my Wife is in India can I go to these agency or she needs to apply this in India? or get it translated from there?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I got recently married and my spouse resides in India, she has never been outside of Canada.
I noticed her birth certificate is in her native language, and I guess I would need to translate this. However someone mentioned in this forum link to BLS or Consulate General of India to get birth certificate, however they offer only Certificate Date of Birth. Would this be sufficient? Also since my Wife is in India can I go to these agency or she needs to apply this in India? or get it translated from there?
She has never been outside of Canada, but resides in India???? What are you trying to say? Please be reminded this is a Canadian immigration forum and not a BLS Vancouver / Toronto forum.

• Haha
Reactions: esam99