+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ceremony oath cancelled for security clearance!!

mauritiusbride

Star Member
Aug 22, 2015
My friend was in the same exact situation, he hired a lawyer to fix the problem. I"d say wait for a month or two before deciding on what to do. Sorry to hear that, must be frustrating
hi was it Montreal office? and they had call 5 days prior or send them back on the ceremony day?
and what new on yr side any update?

k300k3

Mar 6, 2019
They got back couple of months ago and requested some docs related to travel records.
so it was about residency requirement since they asked you for docs relating to travel records . If it was about security clearance , they would ask did fingerprints ? I’m guessing.

Oct17

Jun 6, 2019
Hello everyone,

I have applied for citizenship in October 2017 and done with the test in March 2018, I haven’t heard anything back from CIC since then.
I have MP office following up with my file and the recent information I received recently is that , the security is in progress and under review.
I have also ordered GCMS recently and it does mention a note from the agent that the status has to be manually changed to under review.
It’s been under review since March 2019.

Would really appreciate if you can provide some information as to what exactly it means and how long does a file stays under review ? Does his also mean that the security is done and hence it’s under review ? and so on and so forth ?

Thanks

Reactions: Fallen_Warrior

Fallen_Warrior

May 16, 2013
Hello everyone,

I have applied for citizenship in October 2017 and done with the test in March 2018, I haven’t heard anything back from CIC since then.
I have MP office following up with my file and the recent information I received recently is that , the security is in progress and under review.
I have also ordered GCMS recently and it does mention a note from the agent that the status has to be manually changed to under review.
It’s been under review since March 2019.

Would really appreciate if you can provide some information as to what exactly it means and how long does a file stays under review ? Does his also mean that the security is done and hence it’s under review ? and so on and so forth ?

Thanks
I am in the same boat as you. Agent put my file in under review as well.

Oct17

Jun 6, 2019
In the IRCC ATIP the status is OPEN, this is from the ATIP that was generated back in April 2019.

In the notes section the office is, ‘Case Review, Citizenship and Immigration’.

Also, in the Text section of the Notes the Officer mentions that “he has to manually update the status to ‘Under Review’ as the GCMS glitch prevented the clearance from passing in the system as per information from partners.”

Any explanation to the information will be appreciated.

Thanks

mauritiusbride

Star Member
Aug 22, 2015
In the IRCC ATIP the status is OPEN, this is from the ATIP that was generated back in April 2019.

Also, in the Text section of the Notes the Officer mentions that “he has to manually update the status to ‘Under Review’ as the GCMS glitch prevented the clearance from passing in the system as per information from partners.”

Thanks
hi.did you check yr ecas on cic website?.is it DM OR In Process?
hope u get the oath soon as election is near..they might work a bit fast

sujan_2020

Feb 13, 2020

Thanks
I am in same boat too. Applied in 2018 .Test done in Jan 2019.Oath was on feb 11 2019. Went to oath ceremony five min before the supervisor came and told i can't do oath today .since they are waiting for my security clearance.After that i never heard anything from them till now. i order file to check same thing officer put my file on hold. i am in canada since 2003. same he has to manually update the status

• Wow
Reactions: rubz9911