+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ceremony next week, child cannot come to Canada!

naseryas

Mar 3, 2016
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
12-MAR-2016
Hello

I have a videos oath ceremony on May 15th. I will be in Canada but one of my children turned 14 and cannot travel to Canada in time as PR is expired and we don't have a travel document yet. I have another child who is under 14.

Questions:
1) What is the best course of action? Should go and finish my oath and ask them at the ceremony if my child could attend for oath from overseas?

2) Should I reschedule? I don't like this option as rescheduling is risky as new appointment could be months away. Unpredictable.

3) Would they be ok with rescheduling the oath for one family member and finish the others?

Thanks in advance!

eiden03

Star Member
Feb 18, 2019
Hello

I have a videos oath ceremony on May 15th. I will be in Canada but one of my children turned 14 and cannot travel to Canada in time as PR is expired and we don't have a travel document yet. I have another child who is under 14.

Questions:
1) What is the best course of action? Should go and finish my oath and ask them at the ceremony if my child could attend for oath from overseas?

2) Should I reschedule? I don't like this option as rescheduling is risky as new appointment could be months away. Unpredictable.

3) Would they be ok with rescheduling the oath for one family member and finish the others?

Thanks in advance!
If your child has a valid passport/US visa, you may consider traveling to Detroit/Buffalo/Seattle and crossing the land border in a private vehicle. They can use their expired PR card this way (assuming they meet the residency obligation requirements)

Reactions: scylla