+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CERB

Saathi417

Mar 8, 2019
I didn’t mention months. People stuck because of covid. I mean People returning to work. Please check Canada.ca for information

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I didn’t mention months. People stuck because of covid. I mean People returning to work. Please check Canada.ca for information
If a person went on vacation in January and can’t get home and had been on unpaid leave that is very different than someone who went in a March and took two weeks paid vacation and got stuck there.

Reactions: Qwertypod

Kankodo

Nov 4, 2019
Hey I applied for PR after getting B.C. PNP. I applied for CERB because I was sick and I had the symptoms of corona before 1 month so that is why I didn’t work for 14 consecutive days. At that time, the criteria was if you don’t work 14 days because of corona in a month then you are eligible. So I applied for it. After 14 days, I started working normally 40 hours a week. Will that affect my PR application?
Please answer my question. I am very worried.

thank you very much.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey I applied for PR after getting B.C. PNP. I applied for CERB because I was sick and I had the symptoms of corona before 1 month so that is why I didn’t work for 14 consecutive days. At that time, the criteria was if you don’t work 14 days because of corona in a month then you are eligible. So I applied for it. After 14 days, I started working normally 40 hours a week. Will that affect my PR application?
Please answer my question. I am very worried.

thank you very much.
So you received CERB funds while you were already working 40 hrs per week? Did you earn more than 1K that month? Assume that you only received 1 payment? Did your workplace have a shorter disability policy that could have been accessed for the 2 weeks?

Kankodo

Nov 4, 2019
yes when I was sick for 14 days. I didn’t work so my pay cheque’s was below $1000.but after that I started working normally and then my paycheque was more than $1000 for next 15 days. But I would like to mention that when I applied for CERB the condition was different than now it is. Before 2 months , the condition was you haven’t worked for 14 consecutive days a month. So that is why I applied for that. And I talked to my employer and he said yes I can apply for it as I didn’t work for 14 days. So can you please say will it affect my PR application??? My work is normal after that 2 weeks in which I was sick. I am doing regular 40 hours a week. But will it affect my PR application because I applied for that CERB?? Please answer it.

thank you very much.

Kankodo

Nov 4, 2019
And I only applied for that 1 CERB in the month I was sick for 14 days before 2 months. Not after that. Please answer.

thank you very much .

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
yes when I was sick for 14 days. I didn’t work so my pay cheque’s was below $1000.but after that I started working normally and then my paycheque was more than $1000 for next 15 days. But I would like to mention that when I applied for CERB the condition was different than now it is. Before 2 months , the condition was you haven’t worked for 14 consecutive days a month. So that is why I applied for that. And I talked to my employer and he said yes I can apply for it as I didn’t work for 14 days. So can you please say will it affect my PR application??? My work is normal after that 2 weeks in which I was sick. I am doing regular 40 hours a week. But will it affect my PR application because I applied for that CERB?? Please answer it.

thank you very much.
It won't affect your PR app.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

thank you very much.
Won’t affect your PR. Only thing that can happen is that you can be asked to prove that you qualified for CERB, assume you likely contacted public health to try and get tested/did get tested, etc.

Kankodo

Nov 4, 2019
Thank you very much for your reply. I really appreciate the time you have given for replying. I was so much worried. I was worrying that if I applied for CERB then IRCC might think that I was laid off so it could affect my PR. So that is why I was so worried. Yes I contacted public health agency and they told me at that time to self isolate myself .

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you very much for your reply. I really appreciate the time you have given for replying. I was so much worried. I was worrying that if I applied for CERB then IRCC might think that I was laid off so it could affect my PR. So that is why I was so worried. Yes I contacted public health agency and they told me at that time to self isolate myself .
Only thing most people should be worried about is paying back CERB. Given the numbers there was an incredible amount of fraud which everyone predicted. Hopefully the money couldn’t be sent to duplicate bank accounts. If it could assume there was lots of money sent to Nigeria, India and Eastern Europe/Russia/Caucasus.

Kankodo

Nov 4, 2019
Yes you are right. Money should be reached to those who are eligible. So I shouldn’t worry about the PR application right?

thank you very much.