+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CERB

Bilan22

Apr 10, 2020
Hello there, my question is, my friend stuck in europe due to corona virus, he has a PR status, can he apply for Cerb if he lost his job just because he is locked up? Thank you

Reactions: KOKIKKK

Pamvin

Apr 11, 2020
Hi everyone
I am on an open work permit and lost my job due to COVID-19 on March 20th. I came here in Feb 2020. I earned more than $5000 equivalent income back in my home country in the year 2019. Will I be eligible to apply for CERB?
Thanks

Bilan22

Apr 10, 2020
Hi everyone
I am on an open work permit and lost my job due to COVID-19 on March 20th. I came here in Feb 2020. I earned more than $5000 equivalent income back in my home country in the year 2019. Will I be eligible to apply for CERB?
Thanks
No income in Canada, so no

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello there, my question is, my friend stuck in europe due to corona virus, he has a PR status, can he apply for Cerb if he lost his job just because he is locked up? Thank you
No he shouldn’t qualify because he didn’t get laid off because of covid he lost his job or got laid off because he is abroad. He also isn’t residing in Canada.

Reactions: Bilan22

mira8098

Aug 7, 2015
@canuck78 My mom is ill in Guayaquil Ecuador South America and I had been lay off with a letter from my company stating that they are laying me off due to COVID-19. Do you think this will allow me to apply for CERB and go home to take care of my mom for 2 or 3 months and come back to Canada?

Tina461

Nov 27, 2017
Hello there, my husband is on open work permit which will expire on April 27, 2020. We applied for extension in January 2020 and in March he received request letter to do biometrics just in time when they closed all Service Canada locations and cancelled all appointments so automatically he got extension of 90 days to submit his biometrics. But now his company decided to lay him off due to Covid, his last day will be April 30, 2020. Is he going to be eligible to apply for CERB even if his work permit will expire on April 27, 2020? He is in process of extension and he will do biometrics as soon as they open Service Canada. Thank you for your answers and help.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@canuck78 My mom is ill in Guayaquil Ecuador South America and I had been lay off with a letter from my company stating that they are laying me off due to COVID-19. Do you think this will allow me to apply for CERB and go home to take care of my mom for 2 or 3 months and come back to Canada?
What is your current status? Did you apply for an e tension? Are you on implied status?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello there, my husband is on open work permit which will expire on April 27, 2020. We applied for extension in January 2020 and in March he received request letter to do biometrics just in time when they closed all Service Canada locations and cancelled all appointments so automatically he got extension of 90 days to submit his biometrics. But now his company decided to lay him off due to Covid, his last day will be April 30, 2020. Is he going to be eligible to apply for CERB even if his work permit will expire on April 27, 2020? He is in process of extension and he will do biometrics as soon as they open Service Canada. Thank you for your answers and help.
please post on your own thread.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
sorry for the late response I am a citizen and I was working work that company for more than 3 years
You need to be prepared to return back to work as soon as your employer opens again or there is hiring going on so no I don’t think it is possible to go abroad and keep receiving CERB unless you go for a very short amount of time. Businesses have started planning on reopening around Canada in the next week or two. Can you even get to Ecuador? You won’t be able to leave Ecuador easily when you arrive especially in Guayaquil which has a major outbreak of covid.