+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CERB

Chel10

Apr 8, 2020
Any advise please, I need to stop working because I need to look after my child which is home cared, and not enrolled in day care. Am I eligible for CERB?

amit84

Star Member
Jun 12, 2010
inida
Hello
I have the same concern. My wife has to be at home, not working because she has to be at home to take care of my son as the schools(elementary) are closed due to COVID-19. My wife was working with the staffing company.
Can she apply for CERB?
please suggest as I don't want to claim if I'm not eligible.
Thanks in advance

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hello
I have the same concern. My wife has to be at home, not working because she has to be at home to take care of my son as the schools(elementary) are closed due to COVID-19. My wife was working with the staffing company.
Can she apply for CERB?
Thanks in advance
Review the website by the Government

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/benefits/apply-for-cerb-with-cra.html

The conditions on whether or not eligible are very clear

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello
Can she apply for CERB?
Thanks in advance
Was she working regularly or getting temp work when she was available? Did she lose her employment due to covid? Had she earned 5k in the past year?

amit84

Star Member
Jun 12, 2010
inida
Was she working regularly or getting temp work when she was available? Did she lose her employment due to covid? Had she earned 5k in the past year?
Yes she was doing the work regularly and she earned more than 5k and yes she has to stop working due to covid 19 as all elementary schools are closed.