+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CERB eligible?

Joachim1993

Mar 8, 2020
Hi,

I'm a temporary resident in Canada and landed on March 16th this year.

I was going to start working on April 15th, however I might loose that job and will have to apply for CERB during the second period.

Am I eligible as well to apply for the first period (March 15 - April 11) although I did not have a job lined up for that time? Note that this is 4 days before my original start date.

I tried calling someone today but the lines are closed as it's Easter. In case I still want to apply, could I do so next week as well (when the second period has started and this one has already ended?).

Thanks for your help!

Joachim

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I'm a temporary resident in Canada and landed on March 16th this year.

I was going to start working on April 15th, however I might loose that job and will have to apply for CERB during the second period.

Am I eligible as well to apply for the first period (March 15 - April 11) although I did not have a job lined up for that time? Note that this is 4 days before my original start date.

I tried calling someone today but the lines are closed as it's Easter. In case I still want to apply, could I do so next week as well (when the second period has started and this one has already ended?).

Thanks for your help!

Joachim
If you haven’t started working you don’t qualify for CERB. You really should have checked with your employer about whether you still had a job to start before moving to Canada in a March.