+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Centennial college refund anyone?

chonji1226

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016
Hi there

1 year ago I have decided to pursue International studies in Canada with the intent of applying for permanent residence after.

I have the acceptance letter and paid the 2,650 down payment.

But due to changes in my financial and personal situation this is no longer an option for me.How can I apply for the refund?

based on their website it’s a case by case basis? Has anyone here tried and succeeded? Or do I try applying for student visa to let it be rejected so I can be eligible for refund?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi there

1 year ago I have decided to pursue International studies in Canada with the intent of applying for permanent residence after.

But due to changes in my financial and personal situation this is no longer an option for me.How can I apply for the refund?

based on their website it’s a case by case basis? Has anyone here tried and succeeded? Or do I try applying for student visa to let it be rejected so I can be eligible for refund?
If case by case then contact the school and ask for a refund.

Reactions: bellaluna

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi there

Typically refunds are granted if your visa/permit gets refused. You will have to ask for a refund and explain your current situation and why you can no longer study in Canada. For example if there was an illness in the family and the funds that you planned on using for your studies had to be used for medical care. The reason you are no longer able to come to Canada may influence whether you are able to get a refund. Do not lie though because you could asked for proof to confirm your situation.