+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CENOMAR/AOM

yella10

Jul 31, 2019
HI! I am married here in Canada with my husband(PR), we’re both Filipinos. We’ve just been married 1 month ago. One of the requirements in the Philippines to prove the marital status is CENOMAR or Certificate of No Marriage (if you are single) or Advisory on Marriage(AOM) if you are married.

Now since we got married here in Canada and it has not been registered in the Philippines yet, if I’m gonna request cenomar in the PH, it will appear that I have never been married. They cannot give me Advisory on Marriages since our marriage is not registered there yet. Is it gonna be a problem if I will send CENOMAR instead of AOM? Or can I just not send CENOMAR?

Thank you for those who will respond.

riverphoenix

May 17, 2018
I believe that's one of the requirements. I would get one and then explain why. Also, you should register your marriage abroad which you can also submit with a letter of explanation. Hope that helps.

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
If you are submitting documentation for a marriage which occurred in a country other than the Philippines, and it has not been registered with the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA): Submit a copy of the marriage which was issued by the country where the marriage occurred. The original may be requested for verification.

be reminded if they ask for a document you'll need to send it in.

Last edited:

yella10

Jul 31, 2019
I believe that's one of the requirements. I would get one and then explain why. Also, you should register your marriage abroad which you can also submit with a letter of explanation. Hope that helps.
Helps a lot! Okay I will get my CENOMAR and we will just submit a sworn affidavit about the discrepancies. Thank you.

yella10

Jul 31, 2019
If you are submitting documentation for a marriage which occurred in a country other than the Philippines, and it has not been registered with the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA): Submit a copy of the marriage which was issued by the country where the marriage occurred. The original may be requested for verification.

be reminded if they ask for a document you'll need to send it in.
Yes, I read that too. We will submit our marriage certificate that’s issued here in Canada. But do I still need to send my CENOMAR from PSA?

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Yes, I read that too. We will submit our marriage certificate that’s issued here in Canada. But do I still need to send my CENOMAR from PSA?
Yes, they want to know if you were previously married;) get your CENOMAR and send it.

EDITED: I did not noticed OR or a Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) Advisory on Marriages providing details about any marriages registered in the Philippines.

I found a link that might help you:
https://www.philcongen-toronto.com/consular/consular_report.php
https://philembassy.no/faq?field_category_target_id[]=10

Last edited: