+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Celpip

danny14

Feb 12, 2019
Hi All,

3 questions:

I am from Dubai UAE, if anyone who has experience in my question can share contact number and help me would be great.

1. Is celpip really easier than Ielts
2. Where can i download some material to practice Celpip or does anyone have some CD or books.
3. any please teaching the ways to crack Celpip.

thanks

Linuxaway

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
Doc's Request.
07-06-2016
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
IELTS Request
12-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
19-07-2017
Hi Danny,
Yes, CELPIP is more comfortable than IELTS.
The timing for exam and find seat is better than IELTS.
Also, you have a spelling checker with write exam because they are focusing on the way you are write essay rather than spelling.

I passed the exam after 4 trials and I wasted my time with IELTS.

Regards
Frank

Reactions: tofy79

harry16125

Star Member
Feb 1, 2014
Calgary
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
14-11-2015
Passport Req..
21-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2015
LANDED..........
11-04-2016
Hi All,

3 questions:

I am from Dubai UAE, if anyone who has experience in my question can share contact number and help me would be great.

2. Where can i download some material to practice Celpip or does anyone have some CD or books.

thanks
I have gone thru IELTS (G) by British council in 2015 and CELPIP-G in 2018. Given hereunder is my observation about these two different language tests:

1. IELTS is old fashioned e.g. writing module needs actual hand writing, Listening thru Old headphones is a pain. On the other side, CELPIP is modern format with all the modules on computer. It helps you to avoid spelling mistake as well as no need to worry about creepy handwriting.
2. IELTS is a compact format with 40-41 questions in Listening & Reading. Writing is also divided into two parts i.e. Essay and Application. Speaking consists only 2-3 parts (intro, topic & follow up) but CELPIP is quite lengthy. Each module is divided into 5-7 parts.
3. IELTS is old fashioned but it really helps you to go back and forth on your question and answer sheets. You can highlight/underline the important points. CELPIP is all computer based test so you don't get these advantages and after sometime, your eyes start feeling irritation.
4. IELTS speaking is conducted by a live person and you get to know about his/her expressions. CELPIP speaking is thru computer and you don't know where you are going. Also it feels like dumb talking to a computer.
5. IELTS scoring is based on 9 bands and CELPIP scoring is based on 12 points.

My IELTS Score was L/R/W/S 8.5/7.5/7.0/7.0
My CELPIP Score is L/R/W/S 10/8.0/8.0/9.0

Good luck

Reactions: manboarpig

danny14

Feb 12, 2019
I have gone thru IELTS (G) by British council in 2015 and CELPIP-G in 2018. Given hereunder is my observation about these two different language tests:

1. IELTS is old fashioned e.g. writing module needs actual hand writing, Listening thru Old headphones is a pain. On the other side, CELPIP is modern format with all the modules on computer. It helps you to avoid spelling mistake as well as no need to worry about creepy handwriting.
2. IELTS is a compact format with 40-41 questions in Listening & Reading. Writing is also divided into two parts i.e. Essay and Application. Speaking consists only 2-3 parts (intro, topic & follow up) but CELPIP is quite lengthy. Each module is divided into 5-7 parts.
3. IELTS is old fashioned but it really helps you to go back and forth on your question and answer sheets. You can highlight/underline the important points. CELPIP is all computer based test so you don't get these advantages and after sometime, your eyes start feeling irritation.
4. IELTS speaking is conducted by a live person and you get to know about his/her expressions. CELPIP speaking is thru computer and you don't know where you are going. Also it feels like dumb talking to a computer.
5. IELTS scoring is based on 9 bands and CELPIP scoring is based on 12 points.

Good luck
Hi thanks for the excellent details.

based on your Celpip scores below was that the highest like CLB 10?

saniaharris

Mar 13, 2019
Abu Dhabi
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2019
Doc's Request.
12-08-2019
AOR Received.
22-08-2019
Hi Danny, did you attempt the CELPIP exam? I attempted in on Feb 22nd 2019 and my results were L11 R12 S8 W8. I have submitted S & W for re-evaluation and is currently waiting for the results. I'm not very hopeful though.

If you are yet to attempt it, I would suggest you ensure your writing and Speaking are up to the mark. Make sure strong words are used in writing that proves to the evaluating person that you know words beyond the normal person's vocabulary. Don't repeat any words. Also, in speaking, try speaking without stopping for the entire minute. Be casual and use phrases that you might use in a normal conversation. You won't have enough time to think and add stronger words in it so don't stress on it. Stressing might make you pause to think. Pausing is not a very good thing.

Good luck!

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Hi All,

3 questions:

thanks
I did CELPIP at TEPTH center about 4 times and nailed CLB9+ and got my 50 points bonus.

vsr0722

Mar 19, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
31-01-2019
Hi All,

3 questions:

thanks
I feel CELPIP is easier than IELTS in all but the speaking section . The only challenge is the speaking section where you have to speak into a mic, unlike IELTS where you have a conversation with a person.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi Danny, did you attempt the CELPIP exam? I attempted in on Feb 22nd 2019 and my results were L11 R12 S8 W8. I have submitted S & W for re-evaluation and is currently waiting for the results. I'm not very hopeful though.

If you are yet to attempt it, I would suggest you ensure your writing and Speaking are up to the mark. Make sure strong words are used in writing that proves to the evaluating person that you know words beyond the normal person's vocabulary. Don't repeat any words. Also, in speaking, try speaking without stopping for the entire minute. Be casual and use phrases that you might use in a normal conversation. You won't have enough time to think and add stronger words in it so don't stress on it. Stressing might make you pause to think. Pausing is not a very good thing.

Good luck!
Agreed, I wrote my CELPIP on March 16, 2019 and just got my results today: R12 L12 S8 W8.

I must say that CELPIP's Speaking section is not very well designed. You will certainly be shown pictures that might not make any sense, will get very little time to prepare, and the timer does not show an actual second count so it hard to really answer everything within time.

Writing on the other hand, is simple. You will be asked for an email and respond to a survey question. Neither question would realistically require any complex grammar or vocabulary, however they might have been expecting that. I used simple language, since the situations I was put on were day to day situation as opposed to academic ones. That might have been my mistake.

Regardless, with these scores my CRS is now 520 and I will be applying next month.

Best of luck

Reactions: Miky0807

knight17

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-02-2019
AOR Received.
23-02-2019
What materials did you use to prepare for the CELPIP exams? In the case of IELTS the preparation materials are plenty: YouTube, websites, groups, and so on. How is the case for CELPIP?

Good luck

Miky0807

Star Member
Mar 17, 2019
Romania
Hello, I was also too much worried about to get material for CELPIP as like as you are as I found a lot of study material for IELTS, PTE or CAEL but in case of CELPIP I was unable to get study material. I too bought a book but that book was also having very few study material. After too many efforts I found a platform which is offering lots of study material to do practice. That platform is online in the name of celpipstore dot com and I joined this platform, you can also join it will be really very helpful and after preparing here I am bit confident that I will score good marks.

Cheers!
Hi! When do you have the test? Fingers crossed

Miky0807

Star Member
Mar 17, 2019
Romania

Good luck!
Hi! Do you have any answer?

Miky0807

Star Member
Mar 17, 2019
Romania
I feel CELPIP is easier than IELTS in all but the speaking section . The only challenge is the speaking section where you have to speak into a mic, unlike IELTS where you have a conversation with a person.
Did you take it? What were the scores? Did you also take Ielts?

Miky0807

Star Member
Mar 17, 2019
Romania
Agreed, I wrote my CELPIP on March 16, 2019 and just got my results today: R12 L12 S8 W8.

I must say that CELPIP's Speaking section is not very well designed. You will certainly be shown pictures that might not make any sense, will get very little time to prepare, and the timer does not show an actual second count so it hard to really answer everything within time.

Writing on the other hand, is simple. You will be asked for an email and respond to a survey question. Neither question would realistically require any complex grammar or vocabulary, however they might have been expecting that. I used simple language, since the situations I was put on were day to day situation as opposed to academic ones. That might have been my mistake.

Regardless, with these scores my CRS is now 520 and I will be applying next month.

Best of luck
Hi! What did you use as preparation materials?

Queenslander88

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018

Best of luck

Well said, CELPIP speaking is shit. I am a native English speaker and they gave me: S:9, W:11,R:12,L11. However, in IELTS, I scored 9 outta 9 in speaking!