+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Celpip

Miky0807

Star Member
Mar 17, 2019
Romania
I did not take IELTS, but I reviewed the format and went though some links. My CELPIP score was R-12 L-12 W-11,S-9
Hi! What materials did you use to prepare for the test? I know about Celpipstore, the materials from official celpip site, mad english tv and celpistore youtube channels. Are there any others?

vsr0722

Mar 19, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
31-01-2019
Hi! What materials did you use to prepare for the test? I know about Celpipstore, the materials from official celpip site, mad english tv and celpistore youtube channels. Are there any others?
I viewed some videos from Mad english TV and the and the practice tests you get when you register. You can also find some tests if you google.

Reactions: Miky0807

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Well said, CELPIP speaking is shit. I am a native English speaker and they gave me: S:9, W:11,R:12,L11. However, in IELTS, I scored 9 outta 9 in speaking!
I guess I didn't do too bad after all.

Yes, CELPIP Speaking is garbage. You'll be face with many unrealistic life situations with almost no time to prepare which will most certainly strike you and leave you thinking on how to respond to such stupid scenarios.

I've never written IELTS, but am certain it must be a decent exam portion given the fact you'll have a real interaction with realistic scenarios.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
I
Hi! What did you use as preparation materials?
I really didn't, I just browsed CELPIP's webpage to become familiar with it the night before.
I mean, it's English, that's what you need to know.

As long as you know English, that'll help you be successful on any exam you take.

My preparation was English I learnt in high-school 12 years ago, last time I ever studied English (first language is Spanish)

Reactions: Miky0807

Norli

Star Member
Mar 17, 2018
So guys l just received my Celpip result and it was awsome. L10 R10 W10 S9... I think celpip writing and speaking is more difficult than Ielts W&S while Ielts L&R is more difficult compared to Celpip L&R... This was actually my 4th attempt... Guys don't give up. Keep writing until you get the maxim score in each section. I would advise everyday practice (l wrote 5 essays everyday for a month before l took the exam likewise the speaking part. Also, l went into the exam with a strategy for the writing and speaking. My number is 587-834-6245 you can call me just in case you need more tips

Reactions: EscoBlades

Hanna219

May 6, 2019
So guys l just received my Celpip result and it was awsome. L10 R10 W10 S9... I think celpip writing and speaking is more difficult than Ielts W&S while Ielts L&R is more difficult compared to Celpip L&R... This was actually my 4th attempt... Guys don't give up. Keep writing until you get the maxim score in each section. I would advise everyday practice (l wrote 5 essays everyday for a month before l took the exam likewise the speaking part. Also, l went into the exam with a strategy for the writing and speaking. My number is 587-834-6245 you can call me just in case you need more tips
Hi, you seem like you took the CELPIP recently. How was the test taking experience in this COVID situation? Did you need to wear a mask? I’m taking one next weekend, and I’m a bit nervous about how they run the test now.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hi, you seem like you took the CELPIP recently. How was the test taking experience in this COVID situation? Did you need to wear a mask? I’m taking one next weekend, and I’m a bit nervous about how they run the test now.
I took my CELPIP-G last week on Sunday (in Toronto), and yes, you have to wear a mask throughout.

Nayana@123

Jan 11, 2021
Hi Danny,
Yes, CELPIP is more comfortable than IELTS.
The timing for exam and find seat is better than IELTS.
Also, you have a spelling checker with write exam because they are focusing on the way you are write essay rather than spelling.

I passed the exam after 4 trials and I wasted my time with IELTS.

Regards
Frank
Hi Danny, Could you please send me the materials for the test? It would be a great help to me.

Binoysh

Sep 17, 2019
How do I start preparing for CELPIP ? is it worth to buy additional resource from the CELPIP website at $150 CAD ?

kabayan

Apr 28, 2010
CANADA
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-20-2010
Doc's Request.
10-18-2010; 2nd(September 2014)
AOR Received.
1st 10-18-2010; 2nd(London VO) 06-16-2011
IELTS Request
10-29/30-2010
File Transfer...
May 2012
Med's Request
October 2014
Med's Done....
October 2014
Interview........
N/a
Passport Req..
21-Nov-2014 ADVO RCvD on 23-Nov-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Dec-2014
LANDED..........
Jan 2015
the free webinars are great. if you can attend the live one, better. they allow you to ask questions in the live webinar

saskguy

Feb 9, 2021
I'm a native English speaker and work in marketing as background, so you'd think I'd have an easy time at the exam but I didn't. I purchased my CELPIP package 2 months ago and I also bought 16 practice tests along with it (spent some $400 in total). I went through several components or entire tests each day and attended their webinars as well - I was consistently getting: L8-9/R9-12/S10-12/W10-12 (my Canadian girlfriend was independently assessing my speaking and writing). So you can see that I didn't underestimate this and prepared as hard as I could.

I finally had my exam yesterday and to be honest, I feel miserable. I'd be surprised if I even get an average of 7. The real test was probably the hardest among all the tests I had practiced. You don't get any breaks, so really the only time you can get out of the room for a breather is during the writing component. It's go go go... and by the time I got to the speaking test I was really fatigued and mumbled through some of my responses and missed answering multiple parts to a question (where applicable).

I have read through on other forums of some people who repeated the test 4 times to get a CLB 9 average, so I think you need to brace yourself to repeat the exam several times till you nail it.

Good luck - I'll post my scores when they tell me.

Deepika_123

Dec 22, 2020
I did CELPIP at TEPTH center about 4 times and nailed CLB9+ and got my 50 points bonus.
Can you share the tips and tricks and any website to practice free materials. I took Celpip one month ago, I received L 6 R 7 W9 S8. My target is to get CLB 9

Mar 20, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
PNP
Recently, I have appeared CELPIP exam at DUBAI. I must say the CELPIP test is moderately easy as compared to IELTS. I will share my experience below with each module :

READING: Is 20% harder than IELTS, best part is you will get the MCQs option to choose where you can try your luck to choose any option. If you have a moderate reading habit, you can easily be done the full module within a given time frame.

Writing:100% easier than IELTS. The best part is you will have a correction checker while typing where you can easily correct a word. Nonetheless, you will also have a words count check where you can easily track the word counts. Because sometimes excess in word counts will lead towards negative marks. You shall have good command over connecting words.

Listening: I enjoyed this part, I felt very comfortable with the voice and if you focus only on listening, you can easily choose the correct option. I have feelings I will score well in this module.

Speaking: You will face problems only in the SPEAKING module as you will not have enough time to prepare also diagram explanation is a little bit difficult as I observed. You must feel tired at the time of reaching the speaking module. I was feeling depleted when the speaking module had started.

In the end, I only say THERE ARE ONLY 15 20 BASIC VOCUBALARY WORDS WHICH YOU MAY USE IN DAILY LIFE ROUTINE, IF YOU WILL LEARN THAT 15-20 WORDS, YOU WILL EASILY ACHIEVE GOOD SCORE.

HOPE FOR THE BEST.