Jaiveer Singh

Aug 22, 2013
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Forum,

I have appeared for IELTS 3 times and 2 times i stuck on 66 points for FSW and .5 in any section, my last score was 7.5 in listening and speaking, 6.5 in writing and 6 in reading. I am tired of this IELTS and this money making organisation.

So this time i have decided to go for CELPIP as some people suggest i have good score in IELTS so i can qualify for FSW if ill go for CELPIP.

So my question:-

1. What is marking criteria in CELPIP, for instance 35-36 question right in listening leads to 8 bands what about CELPIP criteria

2. I will study for sure in same way and i need CLB 9 in one section and CLB 8 in other 3 sections and HIGHEST BANDS in CELPIP is 12 instead of 9 like Ielts?

I will highly appreciate if someone throw some light on these questions.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jaiveer Singh said:
Hi Forum,

I have appeared for IELTS 3 times and 2 times i stuck on 66 points for FSW and .5 in any section, my last score was 7.5 in listening and speaking, 6.5 in writing and 6 in reading. I am tired of this IELTS and this money making organisation.

So this time i have decided to go for CELPIP as some people suggest i have good score in IELTS so i can qualify for FSW if ill go for CELPIP.

1. What is marking criteria in CELPIP, for instance 35-36 question right in listening leads to 8 bands what about CELPIP criteria

2. I will study for sure in same way and i need CLB 9 in one section and CLB 8 in other 3 sections and HIGHEST BANDS in CELPIP is 12 instead of 9 like Ielts?

Nothing is a guarantee - instead of studying the same way, you should study harder and do your best

dental15

Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jaiveer Singh said:
Hi Forum,

I think, u need to focus on reading and writing. In my case, reading and writing have a better score than speaking and listening. lol

Jaiveer Singh

Aug 22, 2013
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Johnny31 said:
Nothing is a guarantee - instead of studying the same way, you should study harder and do your best
Thank you for reply!! Offourse i am trying my level best to perform with best abilities!!

I bought celpip e book but thats not sufficient, any other material you recommend?

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jaiveer Singh said:
Thank you for reply!! Offourse i am trying my level best to perform with best abilities!!

I bought celpip e book but thats not sufficient, any other material you recommend?
They don't have a lot of practice materials for CELPIP - whatever you have is fine

Jaiveer Singh

Aug 22, 2013
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Johnny31 said:
They don't have a lot of practice materials for CELPIP - whatever you have is fine
How can i score CLB 9 just with one practice test!! Worried

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
My wife just took the CELPIP (only listening and speaking) for the citizenship application -- in my experience, it is simpler than the IELTS. The one disadvantage of the speaking section is that everyone is in the same room, talking into a computer microphone; but they set it up to minimize the distractions. The practice materials for the CELPIP give you a very good idea of what the test is going to be like. Personally, I recommend it.

Off topic, there is a trick that linguists use, when they have to practice their language qualifications -- drink a beer. Multiple studies have shown that drinking a small amount of alcohol improves performance on a foreign language test.

ksiusha

Jul 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
:D that was funny with drink a beer....the only thing is a bit hard to do it at 8 o'clock in the morning :D :D :D :D :D

Jaiveer Singh

Aug 22, 2013
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can i write notes during listening and speaking when they provide time for preparation in Celpip?

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jaiveer Singh said:
Can i write notes during listening and speaking when they provide time for preparation in Celpip?
According to the official website:

"Paper will be supplied to you at the test centre for any notes you may wish to write down. This paper must be returned to the Test Supervisor at the end of the test. You may not bring any other paper into the test room."

Good Luck

Jaiveer Singh

Aug 22, 2013
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Johnny31 said:
According to the official website:

"Paper will be supplied to you at the test centre for any notes you may wish to write down. This paper must be returned to the Test Supervisor at the end of the test. You may not bring any other paper into the test room."

Good Luck
Thats fine and work little that atleast i can prepare notes