+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CELPIP Says they can't send me a proof of test.

AlexRusev

Feb 14, 2022
Hi!

I took the CELPIP test exactly two years ago for my PR application. Now 2 years later I'm starting my citizenship application and I need a proof of my test, so I logged in to my CELPIP account and it doesn't allow me to download an electronic copy of my test result. Their website says:
Scores are only made available to test takers for a period of 2 years from the day of the test.
I didn't order a hard copy of that document at that time and now I can't even download it. I contacted their support and said:
CELPIP Test scores can be accessed and viewed online in your CELPIP Account for a period of 2 years

Is there anything can be done with this? I understand that it's my fault for not paying attention to this 2 year period, but I still hope to retrieve it somehow maybe?

P.S I was about to submit the post and I remembered that I also have an IELTS result dated 2015, and it looks like I can use that one, right?

Thanks for advice!

mosmo

Star Member
Sep 10, 2020
Hi!

I took the CELPIP test exactly two years ago for my PR application. Now 2 years later I'm starting my citizenship application and I need a proof of my test, so I logged in to my CELPIP account and it doesn't allow me to download an electronic copy of my test result. Their website says:
Scores are only made available to test takers for a period of 2 years from the day of the test.
I didn't order a hard copy of that document at that time and now I can't even download it. I contacted their support and said:
CELPIP Test scores can be accessed and viewed online in your CELPIP Account for a period of 2 years

Is there anything can be done with this? I understand that it's my fault for not paying attention to this 2 year period, but I still hope to retrieve it somehow maybe?

P.S I was about to submit the post and I remembered that I also have an IELTS result dated 2015, and it looks like I can use that one, right?

Thanks for advice!
No you can't. Your language test expires after 2 yrs. You need a valid test. Register for a new one.

AlexRusev

Feb 14, 2022
Hey, do you mean I can’t the CELPIP results or that I can’t use my IELTS results? Other topics on this forum suggest that even expired tests are acceptable. I’m confused.

mosmo

Star Member
Sep 10, 2020
Hey, do you mean I can’t the CELPIP results or that I can’t use my IELTS results? Other topics on this forum suggest that even expired tests are acceptable. I’m confused.
You can't use both as they have expired. They need to be valid. Less than 2 yrs for it to be accepted. Anything 2yrs or more won't be accepted.

hsiddd

Star Member
Dec 9, 2021
Punjab
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-11-2019
AOR Received.
28-11-2019
For citizenship, expired ielts should work.

Reactions: mpsqra

AlexRusev

Feb 14, 2022
Thanks @hsiddd! I'm also going to attach my CELPIP test registration number because their representative had told me even though they can't send me a proof of test, IRCC can still access their(CELPIP) database and see the results. I'm not sure they are going to do it, but attaching an extra explanation letter won't hurt I hope.

Cheers.

hsiddd

Star Member
Dec 9, 2021
Punjab
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-11-2019
AOR Received.
28-11-2019
Thanks @hsiddd! I'm also going to attach my CELPIP test registration number because their representative had told me even though they can't send me a proof of test, IRCC can still access their(CELPIP) database and see the results. I'm not sure they are going to do it, but attaching an extra explanation letter won't hurt I hope.

Cheers.
I don't think they can see the results more than 2 years old. But it's up to you.
All the best!

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019

Cheers.
Did you ever use your CELPIP or IELTS for any immigration application? Just ask your information under Privacy Act and you can get a copy of all the documents you have submitted to immigration so far.

Reactions: mpsqra

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
I don't know if citizenship will accept it.

But I know for sure you can get a copy of everything that you have ever submitted to any government organization, just make an ATIP request and state clearly, you can ask for everything or just your IELTS test score.....keep in mind it takes minimum 1 month and can take upto 90 days.

Celpipblues

Aug 2, 2022
Any news on this?
I am in the same boat. Submitted celpip results for my PR application in 2020, now the celpip says it doesn’t have my test results anymore.

were you able to go around this?

tia

AlexRusev

Feb 14, 2022
Any news on this?
I am in the same boat. Submitted celpip results for my PR application in 2020, now the celpip says it doesn’t have my test results anymore.

were you able to go around this?

tia
Hi,

I ended up submitting my old IELTS results I used to immigrate to Canada. I’ve heard from many people doing the same with success.

Cassiano

Dec 4, 2017
Hi,

I ended up submitting my old IELTS results I used to immigrate to Canada. I’ve heard from many people doing the same with success.
you're right, you can use your english test, you used to immigrate, they are valid for citizenship, they were valid for immigration, 2-3-4- years ago.

What documents can I use to prove that I meet the citizenship language requirement? (cic.gc.ca)

What third-party language tests will you accept as proof I have adequate knowledge of English or French when I apply for citizenship? (cic.gc.ca)

In some cases, you may send test results that you already sent to us or the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l'Intégration (MIFI). We’ll accept the test results that you sent with your application for:

• Federal Skilled Worker
  • Canadian Experience Class
  • Quebec-selected Skilled Worker
Guide: Application for Canadian Citizenship: Adults - Subsection 5(1) CIT 0002 - Canada.ca

Results from a third-party language test

NOTE:
If you did the test in the past for immigration or citizenship purposes, we will accept the results even if it has expired.

Last edited:

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
you can, even it is expired