+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CELPIP RE-EVALUATION 2017

Lilix

Apr 2, 2013
Just so you guys have an idea, I had my re-evaluation for listening and writing completed in 13 calendar days.

Initial score: R-12; L-11; W-8; S-7
Re-evaluated score: R-12; L-11; W-8; S-8

I knew since the beginning that I would have minimal chances to increase from 7 to 9, but I took the chance... I actually believed they would increase my writing, but they didn't. I thought my writing was good when I seated the test, but it seems as it was not. The speaking was not really good. And usually I am really bad with listening, but it seems that I was luck in my last attempt regarding this skill.

I took CELPIP twice and now I am giving up on it and will take IELTS. I feel I will never get the points I need, and their evaluation seems a little bit too subjective...
I heard from colleagues that they were struggling to get a good speaking score on celpip and then got a very good score for this skill on IELTS.

Let's see!! Wish me luck, guys!

So, to sum up, I think going through re-evaluation is worth a try, particularly if you only need 1 point. ;)

Patriot17

Apr 20, 2017
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
23-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2019
Thanks for giving me hope, karmicYogi.

I have already requested the re-evaluation for both.

btw, how long did it take to get the scores re-evaluated?

finger crossed. ???
How long did it take for your reval score to come in ?

garyastudent

Sep 3, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just so you guys have an idea, I had my re-evaluation for listening and writing completed in 13 calendar days.

Initial score: R-12; L-11; W-8; S-7
Re-evaluated score: R-12; L-11; W-8; S-8

I knew since the beginning that I would have minimal chances to increase from 7 to 9, but I took the chance... I actually believed they would increase my writing, but they didn't. I thought my writing was good when I seated the test, but it seems as it was not. The speaking was not really good. And usually I am really bad with listening, but it seems that I was luck in my last attempt regarding this skill.

I took CELPIP twice and now I am giving up on it and will take IELTS. I feel I will never get the points I need, and their evaluation seems a little bit too subjective...
I heard from colleagues that they were struggling to get a good speaking score on celpip and then got a very good score for this skill on IELTS.

Let's see!! Wish me luck, guys!

So, to sum up, I think going through re-evaluation is worth a try, particularly if you only need 1 point. ;)
Speaking is easy in IELTS as you wont be talking to Computer however other will be tough (my point of view).

My Writing is really bad, here are the scores:
L-12, R-12, W-7, S-9

DeepikaUdesh

Oct 22, 2017
Hi,

I got my celpip score as below,

R-7
W-7
S-7
L-7

7 in all looks strange. Can anyone please suggest me whether re-evaluation would change or boost my score?

Thanks in advance.

Rax014

Jul 28, 2017
My CELPIP score: Reading - 7, Writing - 7, Speaking - 8, Listening - 8

Is there a chance that re-evaluating can decrease my marks?

THANK YOU.

Shree_UK

Sep 7, 2017
Hi, Any CELPIP test takers could you please advise is revaluation is suggested, I've 9(L), 11(R), 6(WR) and 6(S). I've to decide whether to retake or apply revaluation of writing and speaking? Speaking I am confident that it would be increased;however, I am not sure on writing as for the task I went beyond word count, I can recall I did wrote 308 words. Please let me know today is the last day for me to decide as its 6 weeks for tomorrow.
Thanks in advance!

Sahhmv

Dec 12, 2017
Hi all,

I took Celpip Nov 4th, I got the following results
L 9
R 12
W 7
S 7

I applied for re-evaluation for W and S and the changed for:
W 8
S 9

I got my refund for the re-evaluation since my scores changed.

The 8 in W is still not enough for me so I took the test again last saturday (Dec 9th), waiting for the results, I hope I can get a minimum of 9 in all of them.

Shree_UK

Sep 7, 2017
Hi all,

I took Celpip Nov 4th, I got the following results
L 9
R 12
W 7
S 7

I applied for re-evaluation for W and S and the changed for:
W 8
S 9

I got my refund for the re-evaluation since my scores changed.

The 8 in W is still not enough for me so I took the test again last saturday (Dec 9th), waiting for the results, I hope I can get a minimum of 9 in all of them.

Shree_UK

Sep 7, 2017
Thanks I got my revaluation results score got increased by 1 point in each WR and S;however I am thinking to reappear sometime in Jan18 , to assure myself with the current trend of EE cutoff

Reactions: Sahhmv

Sahhmv

Dec 12, 2017
Thanks I got my revaluation results score got increased by 1 point in each WR and S;however I am thinking to reappear sometime in Jan18 , to assure myself with the current trend of EE cutoff
I Got my scores for my second try yesterday they were:
L 10
R 12
W 8
S 8
and again I applied for re-evaluation for W and S, I'm hoping to get my scores to 9. When I got the results back I will post it here.

mariodn89

Dec 20, 2017
Heeeey guys! I got...

L - 10
R - 12
W - 7
S - 8

I asked for the review yesterday and I’m expecting just 3 points more, 2 on W and 1 on S...

Do you guys think that the evaluators uses the R and L grades to increase our evaluation request?

Thanks and let’s see what happen!

mariodn89

Dec 20, 2017
I Got my scores for my second try yesterday they were:
L 10
R 12
W 8
S 8
and again I applied for re-evaluation for W and S, I'm hoping to get my scores to 9. When I got the results back I will post it here.
I hope you can get it!!!

Sahhmv

Dec 12, 2017
Heeeey guys! I got...

L - 10
R - 12
W - 7
S - 8

I asked for the review yesterday and I’m expecting just 3 points more, 2 on W and 1 on S...

Do you guys think that the evaluators uses the R and L grades to increase our evaluation request?

Thanks and let’s see what happen!
Hi. I don't think they use the R and L to increase the W and S, but I do believe that if you think you were better then a W 7 and S 8 you should give re-evaluation a try and hope for the best.
I hope you get the points!