Hi I have CELPIP general ( 2014 )
my score is L5 W6 R4 S6

can i use this 2014 certificate for citizenship

or i have to use CELPIP LS
Please check the following link and read it:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp

2. Language proof if you are 18-64 years of age:

Select one of the following types of proof to submit with your application:

Results of an accepted third-party test at the equivalent of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB/NCLC) / Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiensFootnote 1 level 4 or higher in speaking and listening either done previously for immigration purposes (acceptable even if expired) or done specifically for citizenship purposes. Test results from the following list are acceptable:
Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program General Test (CELPIP-G) or the CELPIP-General LS (listening and speaking), not the academic version.
For tests taken after April 1, 2014, you must have achieved a score of level 4 or higher (up to 12) in listening and speaking.
For tests taken before April 1, 2014, you must have achieved a score of 2H or higher (i.e., 3L, 3H, 4L, 4H, 5L, or 5H) in listening and speaking.

International English Language Testing System (IELTS), general training, not the academic version You must have achieved a score of:
4.0 or higher in speaking, and
4.5 or higher in listening. (Please note: If the test was done before November 28, 2008, we will accept a level 4 or higher); or

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013
thecoolguysam said:
Please check the following link and read it:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp

2. Language proof if you are 18-64 years of age:

Select one of the following types of proof to submit with your application:

Results of an accepted third-party test at the equivalent of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB/NCLC) / Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiensFootnote 1 level 4 or higher in speaking and listening either done previously for immigration purposes (acceptable even if expired) or done specifically for citizenship purposes. Test results from the following list are acceptable:
Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program General Test (CELPIP-G) or the CELPIP-General LS (listening and speaking), not the academic version.
For tests taken after April 1, 2014, you must have achieved a score of level 4 or higher (up to 12) in listening and speaking.
For tests taken before April 1, 2014, you must have achieved a score of 2H or higher (i.e., 3L, 3H, 4L, 4H, 5L, or 5H) in listening and speaking.

International English Language Testing System (IELTS), general training, not the academic version You must have achieved a score of:
4.0 or higher in speaking, and
4.5 or higher in listening. (Please note: If the test was done before November 28, 2008, we will accept a level 4 or higher); or

I m not sure about CELPIP LS is Valid or not but CELPIP G is valid ielts also valid

oldfriend

Star Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
simoncanada said:
my score is L5 W6 R4 S6

yes you can use it 100% as long as it is General and not Academic. CELPIP General LS also acceptable, it is even cheaper ($175)

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
simoncanada said:
my score is L5 W6 R4 S6

Yes, you can use CELPIP LS for sure. just to clarify a little more LS stands for Listening/Speaking and clearly mentioned on CIC website