LANDED..........
Oct 2011

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mezo2009 said:
Wow. Unfortunate if this is the case. For God sake, Internet and mobile gadgets are drastically reducing in prices while getting a boost in performance, speed and quality. How on earth Canada is different. So weird!
The problem is NO real competition, big restrictions on foreign business ownership and a protectionism like you would not believe - money talks.

Mezo2009

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
Oct 2011
Baloo said:
The problem is NO real competition, big restrictions on foreign business ownership and a protectionism like you would not believe - money talks.
Then Baloo, let's start our business for gadgets and small ISP. People interested to fund are welcomed. :)

Strange, I thought Canada is open for free trade and business!

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mezo2009 said:
Then Baloo, let's start our business for gadgets and small ISP. People interested to fund are welcomed. :)

Strange, I thought Canada is open for free trade and business!
Have a look at UBB (usage based billing), a big debate in Canada.

Canada is open for free trade and business - IF you meet Canadian ownership rules.

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
Baloo thanks for editing it. I was in a very big shock when i watched it in local news yesterday. Canada owning a mobile phone is very expensive. I posted this because so many people come from abroad not understanding the catch on them, like xxxcompany would give you a 3 year plan for 40 back a months plus a free blackberry phone. Add 13% taxes on the 40 dollars, add system access fee of 5 dollars etc. Its just that i have been here for 2 years now and i only have a simple pre paid phone. Another thing when you have like 350 minutes on plan you get charged also to receive calls, so just be a ware, but i think its really improved from those days i arrived.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
martha marita said:
Baloo thanks for editing it. I was in a very big shock when i watched it in local news yesterday. Canada owning a mobile phone is very expensive. I posted this because so many people come from abroad not understanding the catch on them, like xxxcompany would give you a 3 year plan for 40 back a months plus a free blackberry phone. Add 13% taxes on the 40 dollars, add system access fee of 5 dollars etc. Its just that i have been here for 2 years now and i only have a simple pre paid phone. Another thing when you have like 350 minutes on plan you get charged also to receive calls, so just be a ware, but i think its really improved from those days i arrived.
I don't think it has improved, it is just that the companies are getting better at concealing charges, they "nickel and dime" customers all the time.
Anyone using a data plan needs to be very careful, unless it is unlimited data, for a fixed cost.

The good news with pre-paid is, no contract and only spending what you have credit for. Calls can be a bit expensive though.