+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - Work permit doubts

Gokulcanada

Jan 9, 2013
Hi All,

I have planned to apply PR under CEC but just have few doubts.

1. Current workpermit is going to end soon, Can i extend the workpermit without the support from employer? or my employer support is needed when extending my permit?
2. What happens if i lose my current job? will still application is processed?

Thanks in advance.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Gokulcanada said:
Hi All,

1. Current workpermit is going to end soon, Can i extend the workpermit without the support from employer? or my employer support is needed when extending my permit?

This depends. If you have not yet applied for PR, your employer will have to get an LMO for you, to apply for a new work permit.

If you have already applied for CEC and have received your AOR, you could apply for a bridging work permit. This does not require any effort from your employer, and is an open work permit (you can find a new employer).

CEC application does not require you to be employed at the time of application or during processing. So if you meet the requirements, you are eligible whether or not you lose your job. The only thing is, you must apply within 1 year of ending employment in Canada.

Gokulcanada

Jan 9, 2013
Thanks alot for your reply.

Just wondering, what is the AOR?
How much IELTS score is required to apply under CEC category?

Thanks

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gokulcanada said:

Just wondering, what is the AOR?
How much IELTS score is required to apply under CEC category?

Thanks
AOR = Acknowledgement of Receipt. It's basically an email with a file # that you get once CIC receives your application. You can track your application with your file #.

For NOC 0, A positions, you need to have a score of at least CLB 7 for all four categories
For NOC B positions, you need to have a score of at least CLB 5 for all four categories.

Below is how you convert your actual scores into CLB Levels:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/language-testing.asp

shells

Nov 14, 2012
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent Together
File Transfer...
04-09-2012
Gokulcanada said:
Hi All,

Thanks in advance.
When is your work permit ending? How soon is "soon"?

If you are lucky, most people receive their CEC AOR within 1 to 1.5 months of sending in their complete application (however, preparing the documents to send in with it, like taking an IELTS exam, etc... will take longer). As soon as you get your AOR, then you can quickly apply for this http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob485.asp (in which case, you won't need your employer to do a LMO for you). You will get an open work permit with this, which means you can work with any employer you want.

Gokulcanada

Jan 9, 2013
@Johnny31:

I'm going to apply under NOC 0 A position, which means CLB 7 and it means that my IELTS speaking, writing, listening and reading should not be less than 6? is that correct?

Just to make double sure.!!!

Gokulcanada

Jan 9, 2013
@shells

Really thanks alot for pointing this one. :))

I think my work permit will end first(since i have to take POC and IELTS exam and send the documents). So i have to apply work permit extension with my company first.

I'm just wondering what will be process in the below step.

Say i extend my work permit with my employer for now . Say i get it for 1 year with closed work permit with my employer.
After that I apply CEC and get the AOR .
Say if my lose my current job after getting AOR, Is there will be any problem in getting new open work permit using this AOR??

Thanks in advance.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gokulcanada said:
@ Johnny31:

I'm going to apply under NOC 0 A position, which means CLB 7 and it means that my IELTS speaking, writing, listening and reading should not be less than 6? is that correct?

Just to make double sure.!!!
Yes. All scores should be a 6 or above. Can't be lower.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bkhal said:
Hi, My name is Binta and I'm new to this site, I like your profile and would love to get to know you. I am searching for a foreign partner to help me relocate and receive me in your country, please tell me about yourself and reply to my email address (bkhal1 @ yahoo.com) and tell me what are you looking for in the site?
STFU