+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Work from home with yearly salary

elisun

May 11, 2018
Hi!

I've started a position in Vancouver. It is work from home and I have a yearly salary.

I don't really count or log in hours of work since I don't get paid hourly, but it is technically a full time position.

Does this still count for my CEC PR or should I find a way to log in my hours as proof of work, or should I consider applying for the Skilled Worker PR?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi!

I've started a position in Vancouver. It is work from home and I have a yearly salary.

I don't really count or log in hours of work since I don't get paid hourly, but it is technically a full time position.

If it is salaried, it is not hourly, : ) And vice-versa\ But I assume you've signed some kind of contract that indicates the expected number of hours to work per week, and your employer reference letter needs to include this info as well. As long as it is 30 or more hours per week, IRCC will count it as full time. The only people who need to count hours are those who work part-time (or variable) hours.

See the section, "Proof of Work Experience" -
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

/QUOTE]