+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC work experience!!

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
Some one please help me understand the scope of following statement from CIC.

Applicants must have at least 12 months of full-time, Canadian skilled work experience (or the equivalent in part-time work experience) in one or more NOC 0, A or B occupations within the 36 months before the date of application receipt [R87.1(2)(a)].

In addition, during that period of employment, the applicant must have:

• performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation(s) as set out in the occupational description of the NOC [R87.1(2)(b)]; and
  • performed a substantial number of the main duties, including all the essential duties, of the occupation(s) as set out in the occupational description of the NOC [R87.1(2)(c)].
In above statement it says I have to prove that I performed some of the duties in the NOC statement. No problem, but how do I prove that. I can get a letter from my current employer probably but might not be able to get one from my previous employer. My job offer has title but doesn't have duties laid out. My job requires bachelors degree, which I have of course, and I have all other proofs like T4s, paystubs, Record of employment but none of that shows my job duties.

Any suggestions will be helpful.

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
There's really no other way around this. You have to have something in writing detailing duties and responsibilities. It's arguably the most important piece of information you need to provide.

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
There's really no other way around this. You have to have something in writing detailing duties and responsibilities. It's arguably the most important piece of information you need to provide.
Thanks for your help, I will get that letter I guess

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
In above statement it says I have to prove that I performed some of the duties in the NOC statement. No problem, but how do I prove that.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Review the section titled "Proof of work experience." You must have a letter of reference from your employer(s) and it must contain all required pieces of information. Required information includes

- Dates of employment
- Job title
- Salary or wage (remuneration) (plus benefits if applicable)
- Number of hours worked per week
- Job duties and responsibilities

If you held more than one position with the same company, all of these details are required for each position.

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Review the section titled "Proof of work experience." You must have a letter of reference from your employer(s) and it must contain all required pieces of information. Required information includes

- Dates of employment
- Job title
- Salary or wage (remuneration) (plus benefits if applicable)
- Number of hours worked per week
- Job duties and responsibilities

If you held more than one position with the same company, all of these details are required for each position.
That's good information. Thanks