+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Work Experience

Wook

Aug 3, 2017
Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding the counting days of work experience.

I applied for Post-Graduate Work Program on May 25th, and I've been working as an accounting technician, which qualifies for NOC B class since June 2nd (my duties are almost exactly, if not more, what NOC describes for accounting technician, and I've been documenting all my work for client-billing purpose). I've been working full-time on implied status, 40 hours per week, and received 4 bi-weekly pay stubs. But I got my work permit only today.

My question is, do those 8 weeks of work experience that I've had while on implied status count towards the total of 52 weeks to apply for CEC thorugh Express Entry?

Thank you.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding the counting days of work experience.

I applied for Post-Graduate Work Program on May 25th, and I've been working as an accounting technician, which qualifies for NOC B class since June 2nd (my duties are almost exactly, if not more, what NOC describes for accounting technician, and I've been documenting all my work for client-billing purpose). I've been working full-time on implied status, 40 hours per week, and received 4 bi-weekly pay stubs. But I got my work permit only today.

My question is, do those 8 weeks of work experience that I've had while on implied status count towards the total of 52 weeks to apply for CEC thorugh Express Entry?

Thank you.
You can safely count work experience from the moment you apply for the PGWP.

metalrahul

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
I have 4 months work experience from 2015 and 8 months work experience from my current employer so technically I should be able to get points under CEC but I do not see any additional points under my profile. I only get points when I say Yes to whether I worked a year continously under my current employer.

I have included my prior 4 months Canadain experience under work experience section so not sure whhat's going wrong with the points calculation.

My NOC is Skill level B 5241 Graphic designers and illustrators, Is there anything that I am missing?

Thanks in advance for taking your valuable time to answer my query.