+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC work experience

VO18

Oct 2, 2016
Hi everyone,

This question may have been here multiple times but I don't seem to find an answer.
I received my ITA last draw and now am preparing all the docs. I am applying under CEC inland. I have been employed by the came company since Jun 2014 but I did move around a few times. From Jun 2014-Dec 2014 I held one position then from Jan 2015-Jun 2016 another position. Titles for both are different but jobs and responsibilities were almost identical. And now from Jul 2016-todate I hold another role, still within the same company. I asked HR to prepare a letter of employment and they gave me a generic one-saying I have been employed since Jun 2014 until today with salary this much and am on full time basis. Very very basic! When I asked to include all the roles I held while working for them they said this should do-they do this all the time for the immigration. :/ They advised I include my offer letters and jobs and responsibilities print out page (I can find it on our internal HR link)

I guess my question is- will that be sufficient enough? I have T4, paystubs, NOAs and all of that showing I have been there for almost 3 years now on fill time basis.

Anything helps.
Thanks!!

schemingon

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
That should be sufficient. You can also get these details written in one letter signed by your manager/supervisor, along with their business cards.. even better if you can get the letter notarized.

Jameszhaoh

Nov 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-02-2017
Med's Done....
22-03-2017
schemingon said:
That should be sufficient. You can also get these details written in one letter signed by your manager/supervisor, along with their business cards.. even better if you can get the letter notarized.
Hi Schemingon and VO18,

I will need employment reference later but just wondering that we should ask for the letter from our immediate supervisors or the HR department? Because their letter head would be different: supervisor writes local office's that I'm working in but HR writes the corporation head office. So which one is required by CIC? Or is it better to get both?

Thanks!

schemingon

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Jameszhaoh said:
Hi Schemingon and VO18,

I will need employment reference later but just wondering that we should ask for the letter from our immediate supervisors or the HR department? Because their letter head would be different: supervisor writes local office's that I'm working in but HR writes the corporation head office. So which one is required by CIC? Or is it better to get both?

Thanks!
Letter from HR in company letter pad is all what you need. All other proofs are provided when the HR doesn't provide a letter or the one that they provide doesn't have all details that CIC ask for.

Jameszhaoh

Nov 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-02-2017
Med's Done....
22-03-2017
schemingon said:
Letter from HR in company letter pad is all what you need. All other proofs are provided when the HR doesn't provide a letter or the one that they provide doesn't have all details that CIC ask for.
I see, thanks a lot. Also when creating my EE profile, I put my local office name and address as employment info. If I get the letter from HR, that would be a different corporation address. So I guess I can explain this in LOE so I will be fine, right?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
schemingon said:
No, not exactly true. IRCC would actually prefer a letter from your immediate supervisor/manager, but many companies prefer that the letter be issued by HR.

If you can get a letter from each immediate supervisor / manager that includes your duties and responsibilities, you will be much much better off, because then you can give IRCC exactly what they ask for , and no further explanation is necessary.

Otherwise, the work-arounds discussed would *probably* be sufficient, along with a letter of explanation about the different positions and HR's refusal to detail them in the letter.