+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC: Work Experience Issue

Rahul024

Star Member
Jul 28, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I am in process of creating my EE profile and have a quick question on work experience i need to provide as part of the EE profile. Some background:

I am currently in Canada on Work permit and while submitting my work permit application last year from outside Canada i provided the detailed employment history in my application. That means IRCC has my work history. I have over 6 years of overall experience (Company A - 1 Year, Company 2 - 1 Year and Company 3 (current) - 4 Years) however i might not be able to furnish experience letter from company A & B.

Question: So can i just mention the 4 year of experience while filling out my EE profile? Can IRCC reject my application at any later stage considering it as misrepresentation since they already have the details on my 6 year of work experience from my past work permit application? Any one had to face this issue? Please suggest

Thanks,

Rahul024

Star Member
Jul 28, 2020
Thanks for the response. I am assuming what you have stated holds good during creating the EE profile?

Rahul024

Star Member
Jul 28, 2020
Just to be clear here, you meant that I can put my partial work experience (Company C) while creating EE profile and after ITA i will provide the work experience i didn't cover during EE profile in personal history?

Reactions: jes_ON

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Just to be clear here, you meant that I can put my partial work experience (Company C) while creating EE profile and after ITA i will provide the work experience i didn't cover during EE profile in personal history?
Yes. In the profile, you only need to include experience which will help you qualify and earn points. If you don't have documentation for a job and don't need it, you don't have to include it in the profile. LATER, if you get an ITA, you will have to put EVERYTHING in the personal history section. But you will be expected to provide documentation only for the jobs you list in your profile.