+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC vs PNP Please help me

gloriarod

Jan 20, 2014
I appreciate any help from a layer that can advice in the best way to take ;). I want to apply for my residency and I have two options:

1. Apply to CEC in August when I complete the hours required: 1560 hours in a part time basis.
I worked for the same company for one year but they laid me off in December but I will be re-hired in May again.
In this job my skill level is A and I am applying under Art Instructor 5136 in the group 51, classification structure 5.
My work permit expires in Jan 03, 2015. I know after applying I can apply for an open bridge work permit but I am not an expert in this.
In this job there are not benefits or contract. I am just part of the staff and I have my T4s.

2. My other option is apply to the PNP in a category C, group 64 and job 6421 Retail salespersons.
I know that there is an option that my boss write a letter saying that there is a way for me to grow or scale in the job. This is a big company; I have benefits (health insurance, etc) and full time hours. I know I can apply with this skill level because of this info:

“If your current occupation is classified as Skill Level C or D and if your employer can demonstrate that there is a structured plan in place for your career progression to an occupation classified as Skill Level 0, A or B, you can apply to the PNP. I can progress to be a supervisor in the future.
My inquiry here is that I only have here 2 months… and I read the following:

“For Entry-Level or Semi-Skilled Employers hiring nominee applicants in the entry-level or semi-skilled category must meet the following additional requirements: Have employed the nominee applicant on a work permit for at least nine consecutive months before the employee applies to the PNP and continue to employ the applicant.”
I only have two months…

I am a bit frustrated because I feel that I am close… but I see that the small requirements are a problem.
What way should I take?

TheAwesomeMatt

Star Member
Jun 26, 2013
Victoria, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2013
AOR Received.
08-21-2013
Med's Request
02-18-2014
Med's Done....
03-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-21-2014
LANDED..........
04-06-2014
1) you mentioned part time work, were you working an average of 30 hours or more per week?

2) I don't know much about the PNP programs, I know have to make sure you are above the minimum income levels and your NOC C/D job are part of the unskilled portion. Have you researched that it applies to you?

Good luck with your application.