+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC vs PNP for PR, which one is better?

bryanzhj

Nov 19, 2012
As a international student

1) CEC is a reliable choice because after a 2-yr study I can apply 3 yrs work permit, and it gives me more time for job searching.

2) PNP is quicker in some province like Manitoba or Nova Scotia because it only need 1year study, obviously it safe time and money.
However, there is a risk for PNP because if I graduated from a 1year program, I can only apply 1yr work permit. Which means if I don't find a job in next 1 year, I will say goodbye to Canada.....

I'm hesitate between 2 choices, CEC seems more reliable, and PNP obviously save alot of time and money.

Based on your experience, which one do you think is better? Is there any other factor that I should care about?

Thanks guys

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should take a 2 year course to keep your options open. After 6 months of studying, you can get an off-campus work permit which will allow you to work part time during the semester and full time on holidays. If you are in SK for example, you only have to have 6 month of full time work and work on an off campus permit counts so after working full time one summer and 20 hrs. a week during the next winter, you would already have the required number of hours by the time you graduate.