+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - Valid job offer

CanVisa1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
Hi, I came on a spousal open work permit in March 2020 and started working full time as a retail supervisor in winners since sep 2020.
Now I want to apply for CEC by this September since I will only complete 1 year full time work by then. Do I need a LMIA employee still? My current company does not do LMIA.. probably I can request them for a new offer letter if I get the invitation.
If I don't have an LMIA or a job offer does it mean I lose points?
Any advise / suggestions will be appreciated, thanks!
LMIA is a must for CEC

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, I came on a spousal open work permit in March 2020 and started working full time as a retail supervisor in winners since sep 2020.
Now I want to apply for CEC by this September since I will only complete 1 year full time work by then. Do I need a LMIA employee still? My current company does not do LMIA.. probably I can request them for a new offer letter if I get the invitation.
If I don't have an LMIA or a job offer does it mean I lose points?
Any advise / suggestions will be appreciated, thanks!
You only need an LMIA if you want to claim the 50 job offer points. Yes, you lose the 50 points without an approved LMIA.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
I'm currently working on temporary work permit which ends in December, 2021. I started working in Canada in March 2020. My CRS got updated recently and reflects 1 year of canadian experience. My working contract has a start date and states that the job is full-time for indefinite period.
The question is, will my current employment contract be considered as job offer under express entry and can I use it to get additional 50 points?
Thanks!
If you don’t have “one year after PR visa is issued”, it would boil down to officer’s discretion if they would accept it or not as it is a grey area.

Reactions: denald

Parrot_01

Feb 3, 2021
You only need an LMIA if you want to claim the 50 job offer points. Yes, you lose the 50 points without an approved LMIA.
Thank you
How much is a good score in Celpip/ilets if I want to cover my 50 lost points for not having an LMIA?
Are you aware of any Lmia employment agencies in Calgary?

denald

Feb 3, 2021
If you don’t have “one year after PR visa is issued”, it would boil down to officer’s discretion if they would accept it or not as it is a grey area.
Thank you! I figured out that my company can give all documents I need

daf450

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
Hi everyone,

When it is mentioned, regarding the claiming of the 50 points of the valid job offer for express entry, that :
  • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer
in my case i have been working 1 year for an employer as a postdoc (noc 4011)
then, got a new work permit for change of conditions with the SAME employer but now as Professor (same noc 4011)

does in my case the sentence above is correct in my case scenario? as i have been working 1 year with same employer, it is just that this new job offer from what i will be claiming the 50 points have a new name and different salary -but same NOC and same employer. (all LMIA exempt)

Thanks a lot for your response!