+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - Valid job offer

madmak

Nov 12, 2018
Hi, I'm working on LMIA exempt work visa in skilled category A since last one year ( 1 July 2018-30 June 2019). I have been given a job offer to continue work for one more year ( 1 July 2019- 30 June 2020). I'll be applying for PR under CEC and will continue to work for one more year. Would at the time of invitation from IRCC my job offer would be considered as valid? because at that time it would not be of full one year.
As I have read in CIC website valid job offer letter is if its for full one year after you receive invitation for PR. Kindly help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, I'm working on LMIA exempt work visa in skilled category A since last one year ( 1 July 2018-30 June 2019). I have been given a job offer to continue work for one more year ( 1 July 2019- 30 June 2020). I'll be applying for PR under CEC and will continue to work for one more year. Would at the time of invitation from IRCC my job offer would be considered as valid? because at that time it would not be of full one year.
As I have read in CIC website valid job offer letter is if its for full one year after you receive invitation for PR. Kindly help.
What kind of work permit do you hold?

vyper1

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
29/12/2018
I applied end of November 2018, got AOR December 29th. Same situation, CEC, closed LMIA exempt work permit. When I applied my job offer for the next year was from September 2018 to 2019.

So that would indicate that it doesn't have to be a full year when applying(just a job offer that is a year long), maybe just that you will still be working even after/while your application is being processed. Seems i got the points for it and it didn't pose an issue, so it should be fine for you as well

ashwinvsinha

Aug 12, 2020
I applied end of November 2018, got AOR December 29th. Same situation, CEC, closed LMIA exempt work permit. When I applied my job offer for the next year was from September 2018 to 2019.

So that would indicate that it doesn't have to be a full year when applying(just a job offer that is a year long), maybe just that you will still be working even after/while your application is being processed. Seems i got the points for it and it didn't pose an issue, so it should be fine for you as well
Hi I am in similar situation having positive LMIA Closed work Permit. my offer letter does not mention any 1 Year After PR. will i be eligible for 50 points?

CanVisa1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
I am on a LMIA closed work permit for 18 months (01/01/20 to 30/09/2021), out of which I have completed 12 months working here in Canada (01/01/20 to 31/01/21). I am now planning to apply for PR under CEC and my current employer is ready to issue me a new job offer letter.

I have a question regarding what date should be mentioned on the new offer letter when the company issues it to me? Asking this because I am already in employment with them with 6 months to go (already completed 01/01/20 to 31/01/21). If they issue me a new offer letter does it not violate the old offer letter duration of 18 months?

Reactions: rami3332

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
I am on a LMIA closed work permit for 18 months (01/01/20 to 30/09/2021), out of which I have completed 12 months working here in Canada (01/01/20 to 31/01/21). I am now planning to apply for PR under CEC and my current employer is ready to issue me a new job offer letter.

I have a question regarding what date should be mentioned on the new offer letter when the company issues it to me? Asking this because I am already in employment with them with 6 months to go (already completed 01/01/20 to 31/01/21). If they issue me a new offer letter does it not violate the old offer letter duration of 18 months?
Your offer letter should mention one year after getting PR. So no overlap with your current offer letter.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1011&top=29

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Thanks for your reply. Much appreciated.
To clarify, not sure on the issue date though but I would think it should be presently dated but the details are in future, that it would be valid on year after you get your PR.

CanVisa1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
To clarify, not sure on the issue date though but I would think it should be presently dated but the details are in future, that it would be valid on year after you get your PR.
Thanks again for your reply. One more thing if I may ask. My work permit will be expiring on 30th Sep 2021 and so will be my current contract, so I still have around 8 more months to go. Can the new offer letter mention my start date as 01st Oct 2021 ? OR is it OK to mention the start date before 30th Sep 2021?

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Thanks again for your reply. One more thing if I may ask. My work permit will be expiring on 30th Sep 2021 and so will be my current contract, so I still have around 8 more months to go. Can the new offer letter mention my start date as 01st Oct 2021 ? OR is it OK to mention the start date before 30th Sep 2021?
Not sure on the start date, like the offer is tentative on you getting your PR and it has be in the future. You don’t know when you’ll be getting your PR (which is the start date). Not sure how you can put that in the letter.

CanVisa1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
Not sure on the start date, like the offer is tentative on you getting your PR and it has be in the future. You don’t know when you’ll be getting your PR (which is the start date). Not sure how you can put that in the letter.
Ok, thanks.

denald

Feb 3, 2021
I'm currently working on temporary work permit which ends in December, 2021. I started working in Canada in March 2020. My CRS got updated recently and reflects 1 year of canadian experience. My working contract has a start date and states that the job is full-time for indefinite period.
The question is, will my current employment contract be considered as job offer under express entry and can I use it to get additional 50 points?
Thanks!

CanVisa1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
I'm currently working on temporary work permit which ends in December, 2021. I started working in Canada in March 2020. My CRS got updated recently and reflects 1 year of canadian experience. My working contract has a start date and states that the job is full-time for indefinite period.
The question is, will my current employment contract be considered as job offer under express entry and can I use it to get additional 50 points?
Thanks!
Technically it should work but I would better get a new offer letter from the company.

Reactions: denald

Parrot_01

Feb 3, 2021
Hi, I came on a spousal open work permit in March 2020 and started working full time as a retail supervisor in winners since sep 2020.
Now I want to apply for CEC by this September since I will only complete 1 year full time work by then. Do I need a LMIA employee still? My current company does not do LMIA.. probably I can request them for a new offer letter if I get the invitation.
If I don't have an LMIA or a job offer does it mean I lose points?
Any advise / suggestions will be appreciated, thanks!