01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
aneeshsingh said:
I don't have the certificate/offer of job from my employer who's name is in my WP, however my WP is valid until Jan 2018, can I claim the 50 points saying I have the job offer ? and chose yes as an option to the below question, kindly suggest
No - if you received an ITA, you would have to upload the job offer letter. If you don't have one, you would lose the 50 points post ITA, which would likely make you ineligible at that point.

The job offer has to be valid for at least one year after you become a permanent resident. If you don't become a PR until (example) June 2017, then your job offer would have to be valid at least until June 2018.

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
santoshreddyc said:
Hi Thinkshady, Thank u so much for taking time and giving me the details.

Yes, I selected the options what you were pointing to, except below one, which I corrected now, but still hard luck as points didn't increased.

Is this job offer for work that is non-seasonal?
YES

Would like to confirm if below NOC is must/standard to be used? My NOC is 2171 as per my ICT WP package submitted by my company, so gave same at both places, the one asked down the line.

Occupation - Computer Analysts & Consultants

Four digit NOC code

Please suggest, as I don't want to miss the next draw.

Thanks.

If you have already updated the profile and do not see points being added, you probably need to wait because there seems like a bug and many folks are experiencing the same issue. You can also try to withdraw profile and recreate new one which might help.

santoshreddyc

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
06-02-2017
Med's Done....
02-03-2017
thinkshady said:
If you have already updated the profile and do not see points being added, you probably need to wait because there seems like a bug and many folks are experiencing the same issue. You can also try to withdraw profile and recreate new one which might help.

That's right what you said, my score got increased by 50 points. Thank u so much for ur advice.

Vani.A

Nov 20, 2016
Hi Friends,

I am on ICT and its been 4 years for me in Canada. My work permit is extended on yearly basis. This is my 5th year in Canada, my current work permit is valid till Aug 2017 and it wont be extended any further due to five years cap. Now my question is
1. A job offer now only need to be for a minimum of one year from the time you become a permanent resident. -- will this apply for people on ICT also. I satisfy all other requirements like full time, employer is mentioned on work permit.
2. i got 50 points. After i answered the new question that are added to express entry profile...None of those question ask the expiry of the work permit or will you have job offer after PR

Please help me in understanding this.. Thank you.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Vani.A said:
1. A job offer now only need to be for a minimum of one year from the time you become a permanent resident. -- will this apply for people on ICT also.

Yes.

2. i got 50 points. After i answered the new question that are added to express entry profile...None of those question ask the expiry of the work permit or will you have job offer after PR

The very first question asks if you have a job offer. If you answer "YES" you are saying that you have a job offer that meets IRCC's definition, which is "for work that is: for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa..."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp