+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC to benefit with new Changes

thinkshady

Hero Member
Jun 26, 2016
716
59
NOC Code......
2174
Changes to express entry on Nov 19th will benefit CEC applicants with LMIA exempt WP. This includes candidates who are here under the North America Free Trade Agreement, a federal-provincial agreement, Mobilité Francophone, or who are intra-company transferees.

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?mthd=tp&crtr.page=1&nid=1153419&crtr.tp1D=930

Points to bump up soon ;D
 

aneeshsingh

Full Member
Oct 6, 2016
22
0
Hello Friends - I am on ICT (Intra Company Transfer) since Jan 2014, however I am not sure whether I will qualify for the new changes, Please advise. Though I have the SIN number and get the regular T4.
 

thinkshady

Hero Member
Jun 26, 2016
716
59
NOC Code......
2174
ICT is also under the purview and you have more than a year experience so you should get the additional points.
 

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
12,095
1,397
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
aneeshsingh said:
Hello Friends - I am on ICT (Intra Company Transfer) since Jan 2014, however I am not sure whether I will qualify for the new changes, Please advise. Though I have the SIN number and get the regular T4.
You would receive the additional points, as long as you have an offer of permanent full time employment - that means you are able to get a letter from your employer offering a full-time permanent, non-seasonal position for one year upon your receiving permanent resident status.
 

aneeshsingh

Full Member
Oct 6, 2016
22
0
That is the problem then, as my current employer will not issue any such offer letter saying he would be giving me a full time permanent role in Canada. As I am here on WP and my base location is still India.
 

sweetcute123

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
144
30
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25-09-2016
IELTS Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Passport Req..
24-01-2017
aneeshsingh said:
That is the problem then, as my current employer will not issue any such offer letter saying he would be giving me a full time permanent role in Canada. As I am here on WP and my base location is still India.
oh...sorry to hear that
 

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
12,095
1,397
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
aneeshsingh said:
That is the problem then, as my current employer will not issue any such offer letter saying he would be giving me a full time permanent role in Canada. As I am here on WP and my base location is still India.
I just corrected my first post. There's another rule change that is for the better - the job offer no longer has to be "permanent", just for one year after you become a permanent resident.

http://www.cicnews.com/2016/11/canada-outlines-significant-changes-comprehensive-ranking-system-crs-express-entry-immigration-118652.html
 

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
12,095
1,397
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
wintercoming said:
I have LMIA and job offer now, 600 points is gone ?
You have or will probably receive an ITA from today's draw. Starting Nov 19, LMIA + job offer will only be worth 50 points (or 200 points if your NOC starts with 00).
 

santoshreddyc

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
63
1
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
2171
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
06-02-2017
Med's Done....
02-03-2017
Hi Friends,

Are there any one who got 50 points for ICT after the new rules?

I'm on ICT too but didn't received any extra points after updating the profile :(. Also tried withdrawing my appl and resubmitted, still no luck.

Could someone please help me how to achieve it.

Thanks in Advance.
 

thinkshady

Hero Member
Jun 26, 2016
716
59
NOC Code......
2174
santoshreddyc said:
Hi Friends,

Are there any one who got 50 points for ICT after the new rules?

I'm on ICT too but didn't received any extra points after updating the profile :(. Also tried withdrawing my appl and resubmitted, still no luck.

Could someone please help me how to achieve it.

Thanks in Advance.
Did you update your profile correctly? You need to update Intend to work section correctly to claim 50 points as below.

Does ABC have a job offer in Canada?
The offer must:
be for full-time and for at least one year
meet different requirements depending on type of job (i.e. some need apprenticeships and certification) and
be non-seasonal for Federal Skilled Workers.
YES

Information about the job offer
Is this job offer for work that is:
full-time
continuous and
for at least one year?

YES

Is this job offer for work that is non-seasonal?
YES

Four digit NOC code
0213

JOB TITLE
Abc


Information about the employer or company
How many employers made this job offer?

1

Is the employer any of the following (select all that apply):
An embassy, consulate or high commission in Canada?
NO

An employer on the list of ineligible employers with the Government of Canada?
NO

Employer or company name

Contact address of employer or company

Intended location of employment in Canada
Province or territory

City
Street name

Information about the Labour Market Impact Assessment
Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada?

NO

Is ABC currently working in Canada?

YES

Does ABC have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada?
YES


Is ABC’s job offer from the employer named on the current work permit?
YES


Has ABC been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?)
YES

Four digit NOC code of current work permit
xxxx


Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit?

(Drop down with 5 options – I chose the last one)

No, my work permit is exempt from an LMIA for other reasons and is employer specific.
 

French1

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
70
0
What about Young professionals (employer specific work permit) who have been working for the employer mentioned on their permit for over a year?
 

thinkshady

Hero Member
Jun 26, 2016
716
59
NOC Code......
2174
French1 said:
What about Young professionals (employer specific work permit) who have been working for the employer mentioned on their permit for over a year?
As long as you meet the requirements, you are good to claim those 50 points.

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?mthd=tp&crtr.page=1&nid=1153419&crtr.tp1D=930
 

aneeshsingh

Full Member
Oct 6, 2016
22
0
I don't have the certificate/offer of job from my employer who's name is in my WP, however my WP is valid until Jan 2018, can I claim the 50 points saying I have the job offer ? and chose yes as an option to the below question, kindly suggest

Does ABC have a job offer in Canada?
The offer must:
be for full-time and for at least one year
meet different requirements depending on type of job (i.e. some need apprenticeships and certification) and
be non-seasonal for Federal Skilled Workers.
YES
 

santoshreddyc

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
63
1
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
2171
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
06-02-2017
Med's Done....
02-03-2017
thinkshady said:
Did you update your profile correctly? You need to update Intend to work section correctly to claim 50 points as below.

Does ABC have a job offer in Canada?
The offer must:
be for full-time and for at least one year
meet different requirements depending on type of job (i.e. some need apprenticeships and certification) and
be non-seasonal for Federal Skilled Workers.
YES

Information about the job offer
Is this job offer for work that is:
full-time
continuous and
for at least one year?

YES

Is this job offer for work that is non-seasonal?
YES

Four digit NOC code
0213

JOB TITLE
Abc


Information about the employer or company
How many employers made this job offer?

1

Is the employer any of the following (select all that apply):
An embassy, consulate or high commission in Canada?
NO

An employer on the list of ineligible employers with the Government of Canada?
NO

Employer or company name

Contact address of employer or company

Intended location of employment in Canada
Province or territory

City
Street name

Information about the Labour Market Impact Assessment
Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada?

NO

Is ABC currently working in Canada?

YES

Does ABC have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada?
YES


Is ABC’s job offer from the employer named on the current work permit?
YES


Has ABC been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?)
YES

Four digit NOC code of current work permit
xxxx


Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit?

(Drop down with 5 options – I chose the last one)

No, my work permit is exempt from an LMIA for other reasons and is employer specific.

Hi Thinkshady, Thank u so much for taking time and giving me the details.

Yes, I selected the options what you were pointing to, except below one, which I corrected now, but still hard luck as points didn't increased.

Is this job offer for work that is non-seasonal?
YES

Would like to confirm if below NOC is must/standard to be used? My NOC is 2171 as per my ICT WP package submitted by my company, so gave same at both places, the one asked down the line.

Occupation - Computer Analysts & Consultants

Four digit NOC code
0213

Please suggest, as I don't want to miss the next draw.

Thanks.