+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Spouse ECA and Medical Question

Zak8

Star Member
Jun 18, 2018
Hello All,

I have recently completed my 1 year for canadian experience in January and am planning to apply for CEC along with my wife.

I have a couple questions,

1) My wife has completed a bachelors degree recently and has not received her educational documents from the university. So getting her ECA is a hassle and also saves money and time if I avoid her ECA. So what do I need to select as the answer for her education level. Should I select "None or less than high school" for my wife's education ? When I do that I still get sufficient points in the CRS calculator for ITA. I just dont want to provide false information.

2) For medical examination, I read on CIC website "If you’re applying to sponsor your spouse, partner or child, you can’t do an upfront exam. Wait for our instructions before going to your medical exam."
So this applies to someone who is already a PR and applying for their spouse ? or to an applicant applying under EE along with their wife.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-permanent-residents.html

Please someone with experience share your input.

Thanks.

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
Report your wife's degree and answer no to the question if an ECA has been done for it

CEC is not sponsorship application. You both need upfront medical.

Reactions: Zak8

Zak8

Star Member
Jun 18, 2018
Report your wife's degree and answer no to the question if an ECA has been done for it

CEC is not sponsorship application. You both need upfront medical.
Thanks for the reply!

Got your point on the medical. But how do I report my wife's degree and say ECA has not been done ? Because it always asks highest level of education of your spouse and further below it says about ECA. Thanks for your help.