+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**********CEC September 2021 AOR**********

I-shaik

Jan 10, 2020
I hit the 6-month line today but no update. Even no GCMS note comes for over 2months.
Same here. September 3 Aor.
new medicals
No dependents
Only cec experience
No foreign experience.
Medical passed on 6 Th October.
Since then no update and today I have hit 6 months in total.
I don’t know what they are doing but it’s really irritating to keep on checking mails every single hour.

Edric13

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
I don't think so. You see, Dec 15 to Feb 1 makes 48 days, if we deduct Dec 25-26 (Christmas) and January 1-3 (New Year) (total 5 days) from 48 days, the remaining days IRCC Officers would have worked between that period were 43 (including weekends). That means about 221 cases per day were finalized between Dec 15 and Feb 1. Now if the number of backlog cases is in fact correct (i.e. 15000), it means IRCC officers will finalize the backlog until April 9 (67 days from Feb 1, including weekends). Now we all know that the IRCC Officers are not working at the lightning-fast speed that they were during the 2nd half of December to meet the 2021 target. Therefore, if we normalize a little and assume that IRCC Officers finalize at least 100 cases per day (which is still nowhere to be found true, given how slow they have become nowadays), the remaining backlog will still take until July 2022 to finalize. If we recall the IRCC Memo that surfaced a couple of weeks ago, IRCC also stated that they will not make any CEC draws at least until July (if not at all) this year. This is of course my understanding based on the facts highlighted. I would love to be wrong here because I know how important this is for all of us. I hope this wait, stress, and anxiety end for all of us soon. Hang tight guys, we are almost there :)
You have to also consider 60 days to apply after ITA. So 60 days + 6 months comes to 8 months. Which means April. Also they are not trying to completely deplete the backlog, they want it smallest possible which by no means 0.

asiqur

Dec 8, 2021
You have to also consider 60 days to apply after ITA. So 60 days + 6 months comes to 8 months. Which means April. Also they are not trying to completely deplete the backlog, they want it smallest possible which by no means 0.
Lol.. days after ITA are applicants’ responsibility, not IRCC’s, hence doesn’t affect your timeline. In fact, 6 month clock starts the day you meet your R10 Completeness Check. Which means, if your R10 was performed after 1 month of your AOR (in my case, November), your 6 months start from that date, not your AOR.

Last edited:

Jennytaiye

Mar 3, 2022
Good evening all,please I’m new here,and I have questions regarding to gift deeds,my mum is doing a lump sum into my account, do I need her statement of account? Do I need to put it in my LOE as self sponsored with a gift deed from my mum or put my mum as sponsor? And do I need to have money in my account? Bcos I don’t have money in my account but I have good inflows and outflows for 6months…and won’t I have issues regarding personal assets and finance? Thanks

Edric13

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Lol.. days after ITA are applicants’ responsibility, not IRCC’s, hence doesn’t affect your timeline. In fact, 6 month clock starts the day you meet your R10 Completeness Check. Which means, if your R10 was performed after 1 month of your AOR (in my case, November), your 6 months start from that date, not your AOR.
Yeah hence April ita will likely go to next year's landing

Rgill133

Star Member
May 19, 2021
Same here. September 3 Aor.
new medicals
No dependents
Only cec experience
No foreign experience.
Medical passed on 6 Th October.
Since then no update and today I have hit 6 months in total.
I don’t know what they are doing but it’s really irritating to keep on checking mails every single hour.
Same for me , i called ircc today . Same status for months security and criminality not started . Aor 3 sept. It is very depressing.

asiqur

Dec 8, 2021
Yeah hence April ita will likely go to next year's landing
Next year you mean April 2021 to 2023? That doesn't seem realistic though. I think most inventory will be finalized before the end of the second quarter of 2022 or latest by the third. Few extremely complex applications may get delayed until 2023, given that now Canada has announced a new emergency travel policy for Ukraine which will require a lot of manpower at IRCC to finalize these applications since there's no limit for applications. However, I think this is going to affect most applications at IRCC in general, regardless of the programs and types, because this is a top priority now.

Canada-Ukraine Authorization for Emergency Travel: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2022/03/canada-to-welcome-those-fleeing-the-war-in-ukraine.html

Edric13

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
No I'm saying it's likely at least i hope they start issuing ita from April since they will contribute to next year's goal rather than this year's.

asiqur

Dec 8, 2021
No I'm saying it's likely at least i hope they start issuing ita from April since they will contribute to next year's goal rather than this year's.
If they start issuing new ITAs, most people would already be prepared to submit applications soon after receiving ITAs. This will increase workloads at CIO and CPCs, resulting in further slowing down the whole process for applications already in progress. That's what they did over the whole of 2020 and 2021. They should have stopped where they accumulated applications beyond their threshold.

Edric13

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
If they start issuing new ITAs, most people would already be prepared to submit applications soon after receiving ITAs. This will increase workloads at CIO and CPCs, resulting in further slowing down the whole process for applications already in progress. That's what they did over the whole of 2020 and 2021. They should have stopped where they accumulated applications beyond their threshold.
Totally agree they bite more than they can chew.
But as you said it's on applicants to prepare for documents not ircc. It will be the case no matter when they start issuing. I think they'll start by small numbers.

Edric13

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Totally agree they bite more than they can chew.
But as you said it's on applicants to prepare for documents not ircc. It will be the case no matter when they start issuing. I think they'll start by small numbers.
honestly none of the speculation matters, its not up to speculation (even if they are perfectly valid) for IRCC's move anyways.

misledhelix

Mar 2, 2022
Here is my timeline, very stressful wait...still waiting.

AOR Sept 22
CEC, Inland 2 Adults + 2 Children
Medicals - Had submitted old ones, Passed Nov 2021
Bio-metrics - Passed Nov 2021
ADR : Feb 25th 2022, Request for divorce certificate for primary applicant, Submitted a document the same day.
March 03 2022
Eligibility - Complete
BOWP(Submitted Oct 27) Approved for 2 years, Only GU, No Email.

March 03 2022 Called IRCC, their update
Background Check : Complete
Security - Passed
Criminality - Passed
Final Decision - Decision Awaited

Visa Office - Edmonton

urvishpatel1996

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
Here is my timeline, very stressful wait...still waiting.

AOR Sept 22
CEC, Inland 2 Adults + 2 Children
Medicals - Had submitted old ones, Passed Nov 2021
Bio-metrics - Passed Nov 2021
ADR : Feb 25th 2022, Request for divorce certificate for primary applicant, Submitted a document the same day.
March 03 2022
Eligibility - Complete
BOWP(Submitted Oct 27) Approved for 2 years, Only GU, No Email.

March 03 2022 Called IRCC, their update
Background Check : Complete
Security - Passed
Criminality - Passed
Final Decision - Decision Awaited

Visa Office - Edmonton
When you called IRCC, what was the wait time for you? I have been on wait for 1 hour, now they don't even say what's the wait left

Aji11

Dec 7, 2019
Exact same status for me @IF321 @DerekGe since Nov (sept 18 AOR) .
I am pretty sure we wouldn’t get Portal email till the status goes back to ‘ processing background..’

I am not sure if there’s others as well apart from 3 of us.(folks please reply and let us know if same situation, so that we have a count and know whose post to track closely)

Let’s keep ourselves updated with any update or info we get around our PR application as ours is exact same case (VO : Edmonton )
In the same boat!