+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**********CEC September 2021 AOR**********

DerekGe

Star Member
Feb 8, 2022
Wow there are numbers of people got this same BG state. At least it's not individual cases, we are not alone, so maybe just like what we thought before it's just not showing accurate or in realtime.

Reactions: luisab1993

APM_AR

Mar 1, 2022
CEC - Inland - 2 Applicants

AOR - Sept 2nd
Old Biometrics - Updated on Oct 6th
Old Medical - Updated on Oct 26th - Passed
Ghost Update - Oct 27th - Medical changed to "You do not need a medical exam. we will send you a message if this changes" & BG status changed to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check."

No other updates till date. I have never tried calling an agent or applied for notes to get the current status/VO etc,.

Just waiting for my time.

sfv89

Mar 1, 2022
Exact same status for me @IF321 @DerekGe since Nov (sept 18 AOR) .
I am pretty sure we wouldn’t get Portal email till the status goes back to ‘ processing background..’

I am not sure if there’s others as well apart from 3 of us.(folks please reply and let us know if same situation, so that we have a count and know whose post to track closely)

Let’s keep ourselves updated with any update or info we get around our PR application as ours is exact same case (VO : Edmonton )
AOR Sept 22
On Feb 11 I called IRCC, they said:
Security not started
Criminality in progress
Elegibility passed
Main VO Edmonton, Secondary VO Sydney NS

sq96

Star Member
Aug 19, 2015
AOR Sept 22
On Feb 11 I called IRCC, they said:
Security not started
Criminality in progress
Elegibility passed
Main VO Edmonton, Secondary VO Sydney NS
You and I have exactly same timeline but both security and criminality for me haven't started
What does your BG check say on the portal? mine says in progress

RPA_Van

Star Member
Nov 18, 2021
CEC - Inland - 2 Applicants

AOR - Sept 2nd
Old Biometrics - Updated on Oct 6th
Old Medical - Updated on Oct 26th - Passed
Ghost Update - Oct 27th - Medical changed to "You do not need a medical exam. we will send you a message if this changes" & BG status changed to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check."

No other updates till date. I have never tried calling an agent or applied for notes to get the current status/VO etc,.

Just waiting for my time.
It looks like you have same timelines :( except AOR Sep 1

RPA_Van

Star Member
Nov 18, 2021
Yes, My BG syas your application is in progress, we will send you a message when we start. This is the part confuse me a lot. My medical exam passed on Nov 1 2021, and after all these months the BG still not start? It jusd sounds doesn't make sense.
Hey, I too feel the same.
And in my case, it was in process in Oct then changed to in Progress, and we will send you a message when we start.

So how come from in Process status to not started yet status.

It's too confusing and inconsistent.

Reactions: DerekGe

yp09121993

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
You and I have exactly same timeline but both security and criminality for me haven't started
What does your BG check say on the portal? mine says in progress
I also have the same status for security and criminality. My BG check status says We are processing your BG check.

DerekGe

Star Member
Feb 8, 2022
Hey, I too feel the same.
And in my case, it was in process in Oct then changed to in Progress, and we will send you a message when we start.

So how come from in Process status to not started yet status.

It's too confusing and inconsistent.
I have the same state change. From we are processing backwords to in progress. Someone says this is a fake IP2 update, the we are processing is not correct state that's why it back to in progress. I know it's super confusing. When I read that I was like why...how...

Man I know you hit 6 months today, I really hope you can get the Golden email asap. well hope we all can get it soon. For now looks like numbers of people stuck in this state, and most of us the VO is Edmonton if I'm not wrong.