+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**********CEC September 2021 AOR**********

Pghai081

Jan 8, 2018
I have a sneaking suspicion a lot of the people who were received PR had submitted a TR to PR application that had already been partially processed and the IRCC just used piggybacked off of that work.

August also appears to be paused too. Based on forum activity, it looks like July has had some progress made.
Sorry nope, I have both TR to PR and CEC applications in the queue. One is in "security in progress" status and the other "security not started" respectively.

I withdrew my money from TR to PR but the application is still alive. LAST UPDATE WAS ON 20th October: MEP.

"SUBMIT AND FORGET" one day it will come!

byteSizeBits

Star Member
Nov 15, 2021
Sorry nope, I have both TR to PR and CEC applications in the queue. One is in "security in progress" status and the other "security not started" respectively.

I withdrew my money from TR to PR but the application is still alive. LAST UPDATE WAS ON 20th October: MEP.

I'm sorry, but that's bullshit. You should be done by now.

RPA_Van

Star Member
Nov 18, 2021
bbitesize bits post: 9912196 said:
I'm sorry, but that's bullshit. You should be done by now.
Not sure if this is relevant to our case but watched this today and I think something is going on in the background.

Processing is very slow after November. Only a few lucky applications were approved.

byteSizeBits

Star Member
Nov 15, 2021
Not sure if this is relevant to our case but watched this today and I think something is going on in the background.

Processing is very slow after November. Only a few lucky applications were approved.
There were 14000 applications completed in November, and 9000 more were completed through December 15th. CEC applications have been prioritized over the last year, virtual 0 FSW applications processed. IRCC wants to cut down the number of open Express Entry applications that are outstanding, which is why there have only been PNP draws since September 15. I don't have anything but speculation as to why there haven't been many applications approved from the September applicant pool, but I do believe the IRCC is processing as many applications as they can. If the IRCC continues to process CEC applications at the same pace as they were in November there will be very 6,000 CEC applications left by the end of January, fingers crossed, we will all be approved soon.

https://www.cicnews.com/2021/10/express-entry-q3-2021-focus-on-cec-and-pnp-candidates-1019351.html

https://www.cicnews.com/2021/12/express-entry-ircc-finalizing-over-14000-cec-applications-and-under-600-fswp-applications-per-month-1219746.html

https://www.cicnews.com/2022/01/canadas-immigration-backlog-now-over-1-8-million-applications-0120775.html

Chahalkamal

Star Member
Feb 28, 2021

Same thing happened with me . I applied in both. Jus today i got AOR in TR to PR ….

Chahalkamal

Star Member
Feb 28, 2021

If we withdrawn our money already, so they not gonna proceed with our application, right ??

Pghai081

Jan 8, 2018
If we withdrawn our money already, so they not gonna proceed with our application, right ??
Yes, hardly there is any case where they ask for payment again if we want to continue with TR to PR. Also, as suggested by an agent, if we do not wish to continue, we should submit a web form for withdrawal even if we got our money back and the application is still in progress.

IF321

Sep 21, 2020

Looks like there will not be any fsw or cec draws for next 6 months in 2022.

RPA_Van

Star Member
Nov 18, 2021
FSW will not be there for sure. CEC might be.
Yes, CEC might happen soon.

We are considering our case as a priority but for them, they worked very hard last year to meet their targets and they kind of overachieved it.
So, I guess this is okay to expect some delay now as it has not crossed 6 months timeline.

We also need to consider other factors like Omicron, vacation etc.
I hope most of the applications will be processed either in the last week of Jan or 1st or 2nd week of February.
Not sure what is happening with October and November CEC applicants.

Last edited:

Kwinter

Jan 20, 2022
Hi all,

Im a CEC applicant from USA with a dependant from UK. My AOR was September 5, received request for additional documents and biometrics in October with a ghost in October. Nothing since. I still have no word on medicals. Should I be concerned? The company said they automatically send the medical info but they misguided me a few times throughout the process. New medical, completed in September.

RPA_Van

Star Member
Nov 18, 2021
AOR 4 Oct. Dead silence after MEP on Nov 10 ;)
:) Hope this is the same status with other Oct applicants too.

Then my assumption looks logical.

I am sure they are exhausted and Omicron is troubling everyone + annual holiday quota lapses in January.

They have a pretty good backlog list to complete to meet this year's target.

They really worked hard, let's wait for a few more weeks.

I'm sure everyone will have the lucky email before the 6-month timeline.

kkaur_99

Nov 4, 2021
No change in application status.

CPC Edmonton

Security Not Started.
Criminality Still in progress.
AOR 26 august

all stages passed even it was ready for approval on 29 oct 2021 on my gcms
today I called to IRCC and agent informed that File has moved to CPC- Edmonton past 10 days ago.
Its been almost 5 months, still waiting.