+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**********CEC September 2021 AOR**********

CorvusCorax

Nov 1, 2021
@GandiBaat
Sorry to hear about your RCMP request situation. We hope you'll manage to resolve this new hurdle, same as you've succeeded in resolving previous impediments.

As for our PR application:
  • It's been almost 4 weeks since our MEP.
  • Going through most timelines of PRs from our cohort, we noticed a trend of 2 to 6 weeks until portal email after MEP.
  • Whether that's causation or mere correlation, we don't know, of course - but we're still hoping to get our PR this year.

Sush_19

Dec 19, 2021
ITA : 18 September
Medical passed: 36 October
GU1: 4 November
Background check: In progress after that till date
So frustrating.....Looks like my file got buried in a stash somewhere

CorvusCorax

Nov 1, 2021
Maybe it might help us understand (not accept) IRCC's stance a bit better, if we looked at their selection criteria for when to process which applications from their perspective: they have a huge backlog of PR applications to go through to reach their projected landed PRs target for 2021.

From this perspective it'd make absolute sense to focus on those applications that have a high likelihood to be processed until end of year - or put in other words: that allow for high throughput. The number one property of a fast-to-process application is: low number of validation steps.

Which means a low number of supporting documentation. This translates - amongst others - to:
  • low number of dependents
  • low number of foreign employers
  • low number of Canadian employers
  • valid medicals (because they don't require double verification)
  • low number of international travel
  • low number of international stays beyond 6 months
  • low number of relevant ECAs

I wouldn't be surprised if it's exactly those applications that get buried further down in the stack of applications that check the boxes on a few of the aforementioned criteria. The AOR date wouldn't factor in at all - or only on a very low level. This would also explain why so many PR applications with old AOR dates haven't been finalized, yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: sonusweetie

RPA_Van

Star Member
Nov 18, 2021
ITA : 18 September
Medical passed: 36 October
GU1: 4 November
Background check: In progress after that till date
So frustrating.....Looks like my file got buried in a stash somewhere
Do not worry :) Mine is Sept 1st, AOR. Nothing updated after 28-29 Oct, as far as I understand. I have stopped checking that portal now & feeling better now.
Too much curiosity & expectations from IRCC disturb the daily routine and makes us more anxious. The overall processing time is 6 months so we should always follow that timeline for our application. There were a few people who were lucky but their cases were exceptions as per the standard IRCC timeline.

These are the excuses I give to myself :)and feel a little better. Until last week I was very anxious but now I stopped worrying about this. I am sure we all will get it soon it's just a matter of some more days.

Sush_19

Dec 19, 2021
Maybe it might help us understand (not accept) IRCC's stance a bit better, if we looked at their selection criteria for when to process which applications from their perspective: they have a huge backlog of PR applications to go through to reach their projected landed PRs target for 2021.

From this perspective it'd make absolute sense to focus on those applications that have a high likelihood to be processed until end of year - or put in other words: that allow for high throughput. The number one property of a fast-to-process application is: low number of validation steps.

Which means a low number of supporting documentation. This translates - amongst others - to:

I wouldn't be surprised if it's exactly those applications that get buried further down in the stack of applications that check the boxes on a few of the aforementioned criteria. The AOR date wouldn't factor in at all - or only on a very low level. This would also explain why so many PR applications with old AOR dates haven't been finalized, yet.
0 dependents
0 foreign employers
1 Canadian employer
new medical upfront
Just 1 international travel for just a month
0 ECA
and still nothing

Reactions: D10

sq96

Star Member
Aug 19, 2015

Single applicant, Inland since 2015, only left Canada once in the last 6 years for only 2 weeks - Only Canadian education and work experience, still nothing.

D10

Mar 31, 2021
My timeline:
- AOR: September 14
- Medicals Passed: October 29
- Bio: October 29 (I already had valid bio from previous apps)
- 0 dependants
- Only Canadian work experience

No updates since October 29... Not even GU or changes in BGC status. It's getting pretty frustrating. I'd assume that people like me would get priority since there's so little that needs to be done.
The only possible complication I can imagine is that I traveled a lot before COVID but that was never a problem when I listed travel history for study/work permits.

Turbo43

Nov 8, 2021
My timeline-
AOR- 18th September
GU1, UCI updated- 25th October
BIL and Medical updated- 15th November
Biometrics given- 16th November

No change after that..

0 Dependents, Canadian degree and Canadian work experience and just 2 weeks of travel outside the country since 2018.

I have reused old medicals from 2018 but they had already passed once so I don’t believe that is the blocker here..

manishsap21

Dec 21, 2020
My timeline-
AOR- 18th September
GU1, UCI updated- 25th October
BIL and Medical updated- 15th November
Biometrics given- 16th November

No change after that..

0 Dependents, Canadian degree and Canadian work experience and just 2 weeks of travel outside the country since 2018.

I have reused old medicals from 2018 but they had already passed once so I don’t believe that is the blocker here..
I have a similar timeline with 15 Sep AOR and old medicals from Dec 2019 passed only once on 21st Oct and then reverted back to You do not need medicals on 22nd Oct. Did your medicals show passed or does it still says default? Don't know what's happening.

Turbo43

Nov 8, 2021
I have a similar timeline with 15 Sep AOR and old medicals from Dec 2019 passed only once on 21st Oct and then reverted back to You do not need medicals on 22nd Oct. Did your medicals show passed or does it still says default? Don't know what's happening.
Same here, it did revert back to “you do not need a medical exam” the next day.

Not sure, it’s all speculation, in some cases it gets passed again before getting the portal email.

I ordered the GCMS notes too but they informed me about an extension to respond.. so all we can do is wait I guess.

It’s still within the processing timeline of 6 months so I wouldn’t start worrying about it just yet

manishsap21

Dec 21, 2020
Same here, it did revert back to “you do not need a medical exam” the next day.

Not sure, it’s all speculation, in some cases it gets passed again before getting the portal email.

I ordered the GCMS notes too but they informed me about an extension to respond.. so all we can do is wait I guess.

It’s still within the processing timeline of 6 months so I wouldn’t start worrying about it just yet
yes that's correct. Many of them have got the portals the same day old medicals got passed 2nd time or the very next day.
What did they inform for an extension? When did you get the GCMS notes and is everything passed?

Turbo43

Nov 8, 2021
yes that's correct. Many of them have got the portals the same day old medicals got passed 2nd time or the very next day.
What did they inform for an extension? When did you get the GCMS notes and is everything passed?
I think I had applied around 7th November and I got an extension notice 30 days after it so around 6th December

it didn’t have any information on my application, just that they need additional time to process my request.

jjwu

Star Member
Oct 4, 2021
I got second pass on Nov 29 and then third pass on Dec9. Still no portal

Jgolbel

Nov 17, 2021

the system works, like a queue system. Each part of the application goes to a review waiting in queues (by the analyst) the delay time not only depends on these queues, but also on who reviews each segment of the application. For example, if you claim experience abroad, there is a country analyst who verifies that the information provided is real, the application segment enters that queue to be reviewed. Same for medical, background etc. There are more analysts for certain countries than others. After the application is complete in each segment by the analyst of each segment, it is reviewed by the immigration officer before to get here also the whole aplication ( at this point all done by analist)goes to another queue waiting for the immigration officer review , the officer reads each of the notes and is the one who approves the application for permanent residence, it is here towards the end of this process when you reside the email portal. Thats how the process works…

Reactions: RPA_Van

manishsap21

Dec 21, 2020
Guys.... I submitted my work permit extension today. The GCMS notes did not came out even after 30 days so now it's just a waiting game. Hopefully by Jan 2022 the process becomes faster.