+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**********CEC September 2021 AOR**********

asiqur

Dec 8, 2021
This article says that there were 8363 CEC applications on April 11.
Compared to the number you shared of 7522 by April 29, they did an average of 47 a day.

At this pace it'll take 160 days to finish processing the rest of the CEC backlog.

Shit.
Indeed! But unfortunately the number keeps declining every time they publish new data. For example, they were finalizing 100+ CEC applications per day in January-February, around 65-80 in March (if I remember correctly), now it’s at 47 a day. Where as, they were finalizing 150+ applications in December 2021 with highest priority. That’s why I don’t care much about these numbers anymore. It’s just a matter of time and priority. If IRCC decides to prioritize (unlikely at least until November-December), they’ll finalize whole backlog in a matter of days.

Mannikeep Pal

Star Member
Mar 10, 2022
Did you folks realize that even CIC news reporters/writers just cannot get most recent backlog data? Or perhaps they might just stop trying to get? Almost two months without new data disclosure...Seems like the backlogs just have been piling up with no way to address...

Reactions: soroush_master

asiqur

Dec 8, 2021
Did you folks realize that even CIC news reporters/writers just cannot get most recent backlog data? Or perhaps they might just stop trying to get? Almost two months without new data disclosure...Seems like the backlogs just have been piling up with no way to address...
I think the reason for that is probably the delay in response time to ATIP. They probably request data under ATIP similar to how we request updates on our files (GCMS notes). Alternatively, there hasn’t been so many exciting changes in the backlog, so maybe they have also decided to request data every 2 months or so, because we don’t know what the hell IRCC officers are doing sitting in their offices if they’re not working on files. No significant reductions in backlog of any type of application have been seen in previous data.

soroush_master

Star Member
Jan 14, 2022
Your theory makes a lot of sense to me. Look at the this link from CIC website about backlog fire on medical exam / biometrics. It says:
Depending on your application type, you may not have heard from us or seen changes in your application status.

• If you’ve had a medical exam or given biometrics, they won’t show in your account until we process them.
  • We currently have a backlog of medical exams to process, but when we do process them, you’ll see them in your account.
So, I think backlog fire is very possible.

matt7172

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
If you've passed eligibility (according to GCMS notes) and are just waiting on criminality/background checks, are you pretty much guaranteed PR? Or is there something else that could easily deny my application?

Gobi19

Dec 7, 2021
I got my work permit extension. Going to apply TRV today. These kind of situations increases their backlog count.

luisab1993

Star Member
Jul 6, 2020
Hey got I just passed for the third time my medical exam on June 14. My status is now:

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results June 14, 2022 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made

Last edited:

Mannikeep Pal

Star Member
Mar 10, 2022
We're so screwed...Let's hope if they can complete to process we 2021 CEC by the end of 2023...Always remember 2019/2020 FSWs have been waiting for 2 or 3 years already...
2-3 yrs of people's lives were stolen by them!

My question is how many BOWP we can apply?
My current BOWP is only valid for a year and will expire in Mar 2023...
Any ideas folks?