+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**********CEC September 2021 AOR**********

Jun 29, 2022
Hi everyone,

I applied for a TRV since the PR is taking forever. It was approved and they received my passport on August 31. Since then, there has been no updates. I have tickets to leave soon. I was wondering if there was anything I could do to get it by this week?

asiqur

Dec 8, 2021
Hi everyone,

I applied for a TRV since the PR is taking forever. It was approved and they received my passport on August 31. Since then, there has been no updates. I have tickets to leave soon. I was wondering if there was anything I could do to get it by this week?
Did you send them trackable return envelope? Try to track it, it may already be on its way back. It usually takes about 1-2 weeks before they stamp your TRV and send it back. Add 5 business days for postage/courier. try to contact them via webform and call centre. I am not sure there’s anything more you can do at this moment. Maybe someone else here has more suggestions.

Jun 29, 2022
Did you send them trackable return envelope? Try to track it, it may already be on its way back. It usually takes about 1-2 weeks before they stamp your TRV and send it back. Add 5 business days for postage/courier. try to contact them via webform and call centre. I am not sure there’s anything more you can do at this moment. Maybe someone else here has more suggestions.

Thanks for responding! Yeah I've been tracking the envelope but there is no record of it on Canada Post so they haven't sent it back. I've tried calling and they just say I have to wait. Just wanted to check if someone here had any other suggestions!

Jun 29, 2022
Has anyone been asked to do medicals again? I used my medicals from 2018 since there was a policy in effect. It passed in Nov 2021 & again in March 2022. But now I got a notification that they have requested medicals again. I thought inland applicants were no longer required to do medicals?

dp214

Jul 7, 2022
Hi I got recently medical request. Inland CEC AOR Oct. Medical passed before and expired not they ask me for remedial. I dt know whats going on.. Anyone who had the same happened ?

buttercup1111

Jul 17, 2022
Has anyone been asked to do medicals again? I used my medicals from 2018 since there was a policy in effect. It passed in Nov 2021 & again in March 2022. But now I got a notification that they have requested medicals again. I thought inland applicants were no longer required to do medicals?
I uploaded my medical from 2019 and they approved it and I got PR approved. But I did not leave Canada since I came here. Did you visit some other country after your last medical? That could be the reason for medical request.

Jun 29, 2022
I uploaded my medical from 2019 and they approved it and I got PR approved. But I did not leave Canada since I came here. Did you visit some other country after your last medical? That could be the reason for medical request.
I haven't left the country since I came in 2018! That's why its so weird haha.

asiqur

Dec 8, 2021
I just got a ghost update. AOR September 30th. Fingers crossed! :)
What was changed with the GU?

If your medical status was "You do not need a medical....." when you received the GU and it didn't change your medical to "passed", then this GU is not as exciting as it might sound. My medical expired in July 2022 and its status changed to "You do not need a medical...". I received a GU on Monday that didn't change anything on my application/profile, so I called IRCC and was told that the GU was related to the change in the medical status that was changed to "Not started" in the GCMS. That's where I realized that my application was progressing backward LOL

But I wish you all the best!!

shivikalia

Star Member
Sep 29, 2021
I am waiting for my PR & Work Permit applications to be processed.
Can anyone help me explain what am I supposed to do !
I am confused between three different things :-

1) WP-EXT except PGWP - You are authorized to continue working with the same conditions (ie: employer and occupation) until 20 Nov, 2022
or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first.

2) https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend/after-apply.html
If we don’t finalize your application by the date on your letter, you can still keep working until we make a decision.

3) https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/work-without-permit/authorization-work-without-work-permit-implied-status.html
In cases where the 120 days have passed and no decision has been rendered, the applicant may request continued proof of authorization to work using the IRCC Web form.

WFahmy

Oct 14, 2021
What was changed with the GU?

If your medical status was "You do not need a medical....." when you received the GU and it didn't change your medical to "passed", then this GU is not as exciting as it might sound. My medical expired in July 2022 and its status changed to "You do not need a medical...". I received a GU on Monday that didn't change anything on my application/profile, so I called IRCC and was told that the GU was related to the change in the medical status that was changed to "Not started" in the GCMS. That's where I realized that my application was progressing backward LOL

But I wish you all the best!!
Good to know, thank you! My status actually changed from the medical having been passed in Nov 2021 to "we're processing your application". My application may be going backwards as well! Hopefully we all hear soon!

matt7172

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
After 9+months of silence ive just had a second update in 2 days. My medical went from showing that it was passed on November 8th 2021 to passed on September 15th 2022

Reactions: WFahmy