+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**********CEC September 2021 AOR**********

SeanT2022

Mar 18, 2022
Well, with the normal draws resuming on July 6th, I think they would want to get rid of the all the backlogs before they start. Maybe I’m being too optimistic by thinking everyone would get their portal emails by next week but at least there is some hope..

https://www.cicnews.com/2022/06/express-entry-all-program-draws-set-to-resume-july-6-says-immigration-minister-0626446.html
I'd like to think like you. Let's hope we backlogs will not be buried under new applications as all category draw resumes!

Reactions: Turbo43

Turbo43

Nov 8, 2021
I'd like to think like you. Let's hope we backlogs will not be buried under new applications as all category draw resumes!
Well they would kind of be opposing their own goal of “standard processing time of 6 months” if they don’t process our application, I bet most of us are waiting for over 9 months now so I don’t think that helps with the average

Reactions: DerekGe

Mannikeep Pal

Star Member
Mar 10, 2022
Well they would kind of be opposing their own goal of “standard processing time of 6 months” if they don’t process our application, I bet most of us are waiting for over 9 months now so I don’t think that helps with the average
Hope they clear out backlogs soon, but unfortunately they said they aim to resume normal service standard by the end of this year...

Jun 29, 2022
Hey everyone! So I’m currently on a work permit in Canada and I need to go to the US for some work. Would I be able to re enter Canada with only my work permit and no visitor visa?

I remember reading somewhere that I could (ONLY from US) but I’m not able to find it anymore. Does anyone have any experience?

I am not a US citizen. I’m from a country which requires a visa to enter Canada. I expected my PR to be approved by now but I'm stuck on the same boat as all of you :(

Reactions: Turbo43

dlogik

Mar 22, 2022
Hey everyone! So I’m currently on a work permit in Canada and I need to go to the US for some work. Would I be able to re enter Canada with only my work permit and no visitor visa?

I remember reading somewhere that I could (ONLY from US) but I’m not able to find it anymore. Does anyone have any experience?

I am not a US citizen. I’m from a country which requires a visa to enter Canada. I expected my PR to be approved by now but I'm stuck on the same boat as all of you :(
Yes, you can as long as you have a valid work permit. I am in the same boat and I have re-entered Canada once via airport and twice via road in the last two months. No problems. Carry the passport with the original visa (even though it is expired) when you entered Canada first time, I was asked once.

Jun 29, 2022
Yes, you can as long as you have a valid work permit. I am in the same boat and I have re-entered Canada once via airport and twice via road in the last two months. No problems. Carry the passport with the original visa (even though it is expired) when you entered Canada first time, I was asked once.
Thank you so much for responding! Do you happen to have a link to this policy? I just cannot find it and I wanted to bookmark it to show the officer when I come back. I overthink a lot haha.

Reactions: shivikalia

urvishpatel1996

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
I wanted to ask about the same thing, don't they check visa? And in case if it's expired, what do the border officials say?

Turbo43

Nov 8, 2021
Does anyone know how long does it take for them to confirm address change via web form?
It’s been 2 weeks since I updated my address by submitting a web form, I haven’t heard back yet

Kristin@

Jun 30, 2022
No, they do not ask for it, as long as you have a valid work permit for Canada. My attorney confirmed this and it has worked. The only link I have found is this from UBC: https://students.ubc.ca/international-student-guide/immigration/travelling-outside-canada
Hi, thanks for sharing this information! I searched and found the official confirmation (can be checked here https://ircc.canada.ca/english/visit/visas.asp).

Exception: If you return directly from a visit only to the United States or St. Pierre and Miquelon, you don’t need a valid visitor visa if your study or work permit is still valid.

It clearly says the exemption applies if you hold a valid work permit. So, I guess this is helpful in a situation when someone's visitor visa has expired and they are still waiting for eCOPR - then they can travel to the US and return. What I wasn't able to find though is what happens when someone receives eCOPR and is still waiting for a PR card. (given you are not in a visitor status anymore, is your work permit still considered valid and can be used to return to Canada?) By any chance, do you have any insight?