+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**********CEC September 2021 AOR**********

luisab1993

Star Member
Jul 6, 2020
MP office will contact IRCC and get the latest status on your file. I am not sure about your MP details. You need to find on your own.
No problem, thanks! But also how did you redact the petition? Just in an email or did you attach a document or your UCI etc?

jjwu

Star Member
Oct 4, 2021
No problem, thanks! But also how did you redact the petition? Just in an email or did you attach a document or your UCI etc?
Usually MP office will send a consent form to have your consent of access to your application. You need to fill out the form with your application info

mantrip84

Star Member
Dec 5, 2016
Hello Friends,

I understand this is the forum for CEC Timelines discussion. I was also in the same boat until few months back and now facing issues at my work place.
I got my PR earlier this year and its been now almost 4 months. Invitation was in CEC (Inland) Express entry. I am also currently inside Canada.
I have an offer letter for a new employer with a better salary and in same NOC code.
  1. I wanted to check if my current employer can take any action against my approved PR (including request to cancel my PR card). Asking this as my company's supervisor and immigration team is threatening about it through their attorneys.
  2. Previously they have filed my Work Permit extension. So they have the right to representation form from me. Can they use it to recall or cancel my PR card?

Kindly advise here.

Thank you.

CEC Inland
ITA:
Aug 05, 2021
AOR: Oct 1, 2021
UCI / BIO: Never noticed what date it was updated :).
Medicals: Nov 16th 2021
Portal email: January 11th, 2022
Portal Credentials: Jan 13th, 2022
eCOPR: Jan 18th, 2022
PR Card Approval: Feb 15th 2022
Card Arrived: Feb 26th 2022

urvishpatel1996

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
Hello Friends,

I understand this is the forum for CEC Timelines discussion. I was also in the same boat until few months back and now facing issues at my work place.
I got my PR earlier this year and its been now almost 4 months. Invitation was in CEC (Inland) Express entry. I am also currently inside Canada.
I have an offer letter for a new employer with a better salary and in same NOC code.
  1. I wanted to check if my current employer can take any action against my approved PR (including request to cancel my PR card). Asking this as my company's supervisor and immigration team is threatening about it through their attorneys.
  2. Previously they have filed my Work Permit extension. So they have the right to representation form from me. Can they use it to recall or cancel my PR card?

Kindly advise here.

Thank you.

CEC Inland
ITA:
Aug 05, 2021
They cannot do any of those. Don't worry.

mantrip84

Star Member
Dec 5, 2016
They cannot do any of those. Don't worry.
Thank you for the response. I assume that even if any such case happens, IRCC should contact me first as the PR was submitted by me. However, they took leverage stating that they provide letter for employment for one year after getting PR. And they can use it along with letter of representation. So I was worried about that.
Finally, has anyone been able to connect with IRCC customer care on phone. I have bene trying for over a month at different times and everytime I get the same message that every representative is very busy.

asiqur

Dec 8, 2021
Hello Friends,

Kindly advise here.

Thank you.

CEC Inland
ITA:
Aug 05, 2021
Bunch of fools trying to keep you there :D As your employer can’t grant or get you granted your PR status, they similarly can’t revoke it too. Even if you had some kind of a legal agreement with them to serve for certain years, they still can’t hurt your status. You have all the right to switch as many jobs as you want. Regarding the representative form, if I understand correctly, the form should be produced afresh every time you submit an application. Even if the old form is good to correspond with IRCC, they still can’t revoke or get your status revoked. IRCC is the sole authority to grant and/or revoke any immigrant status in Canada, and it’s not going revoke your status without your own written consent. So chill, and tell them to go F themselves. However, I am still not an immigration lawyer or expert, so ask for an expert opinion from someone who has experience in dealing such cases. GoodLuck :)

mantrip84

Star Member
Dec 5, 2016
Bunch of fools trying to keep you there :D As your employer can’t grant or get you granted your PR status, they similarly can’t revoke it too. Even if you had some kind of a legal agreement with them to serve for certain years, they still can’t hurt your status. You have all the right to switch as many jobs as you want. Regarding the representative form, if I understand correctly, the form should be produced afresh every time you submit an application. Even if the old form is good to correspond with IRCC, they still can’t revoke or get your status revoked. IRCC is the sole authority to grant and/or revoke any immigrant status in Canada, and it’s not going revoke your status without your own written consent. So chill, and tell them to go F themselves. However, I am still not an immigration lawyer or expert, so ask for an expert opinion from someone who has experience in dealing such cases. GoodLuck :)
Thanks for the suggestion. Yes what all you said makes sence and is logical also. However, we all go through stressful journey of getting PR that sometimes we overthink on even non issues.
Also, had IRCC customer care was available, it would really had helped on such questions.. but as I said, I am unable to even connect for last one month..

Reactions: asiqur

Ashnit

Aug 30, 2021
Hi folks
Need an advise I am the principal applicant and my spouse and kids have moved to a different city . Is it necessary to update the address for them in the PR application thru web form.
My consultant advised since you have not moved you need not to update the address being no address change for principal applicant.

Please guide .

Thanks in advance

asiqur

Dec 8, 2021
Thanks for the suggestion. Yes what all you said makes sence and is logical also. However, we all go through stressful journey of getting PR that sometimes we overthink on even non issues.
Also, had IRCC customer care was available, it would really had helped on such questions.. but as I said, I am unable to even connect for last one month..
I feel you Bro!! We all go through a very stressful and hard journey during this slow process. IRCC and it’s actions don’t seem to make any sense recently. Nobody ever gets through the "High volume of calls" message. I wonder who the hell they are talking to if none of us is getting past that message? :D

asiqur

Dec 8, 2021
Hi folks
Need an advise I am the principal applicant and my spouse and kids have moved to a different city . Is it necessary to update the address for them in the PR application thru web form.
My consultant advised since you have not moved you need not to update the address being no address change for principal applicant.

Please guide .

Thanks in advance
I would agree with your consultant. However, bear in mind, that, in portal email, they probably confirm current residential address for each applicant. Not sure about this because I haven’t gone through this personally, but if they do, just make sure your or your dependents’ new address is outside Québec.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
1. No. Unless you or them have misrepresented or lied about something. Like salary, position etc. That they can report to IRCC. Even then it will be hard as they will become a party to it and you *may be* treated leniency on H&C basis and as a victim of abuse.

2. NO! That representative will lose their registration or that lawyer will get removed. Also, you can REVOKE such a representation. Lastly, do they know your application number? If not, they will have a bit of time before they can do anything. Meanwhile, send a note to IRCC revoking ANY representation privileges that you gave them.

@legalfalcon Suggest if above is true or not correct.

PS: I am NOT a lawyer. This is not a legal advice. If someone is threatening you via an attorney, hire a lawyer of your own.