+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**********CEC September 2021 AOR**********

BrazenVader

Nov 5, 2021
As far as I know, all other permits get cancelled when ecopr gets issued. I dont want to risk anything when I enter back in Canada on 26th. So just want to be sure if waiting to respond to the email is right thing to do or should I let them know m out of country.
Should not be an issue. But confirm with those who have seen many other cases. @scylla and @legalfalcon should be ideal. There are then people discussing this in PR Card / Portal threads.

sagargandhi

Feb 21, 2022
Hi Everyone,

I received a letter from CIC, I am traveling to India for my wedding on Feb 25 what should be done?
Coming back April 1, and my work permit and visa expiring on April 5. I have not applied for bridging work permit
AOR 20 SEP
Biometrics - November 5
Received this as a document in the CIC account.

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence. The following documents are required to continue processing your application:

> Client Information: Please provide an updated current residential address for each

family member(s) included in the application. This must be received at this office by 28 February 2022

Please note:
All documents must be in either English or French. Any documents not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation.

To provide the requested document(s) from the Application Details page, click the “View submitted application” button at the bottom of the page and follow the instructions provided on the Documents Submitted page.

Should you be unable to provide the information and/or other documents requested you must advise us in writing detailing the reasons why you cannot provide the document/information requested. You must upload this written explanation electronically through the MyCIC portal in lieu of the document requested.

You must provide these document(s) within the timeframe indicated in your MyCIC account. You will not be able to submit your document electronically after this timeframe has expired.

If you fail to comply with this requirement, a decision concerning your application will be made based upon the information already submitted with this application.

Last edited:
Reactions: RPA_Van

rkukretti

Star Member
Sep 20, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I received a letter from CIC, I am traveling to India for my wedding on Feb 25 what should be done?
Coming back April 1, and my work permit and visa expiring on April 5. I have not applied for bridging work permit
AOR 20 SEP
Biometrics - November 5
Received this as a document in the CIC account.

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence. The following documents are required to continue processing your application:

> Client Information: Please provide an updated current residential address for each

family member(s) included in the application. This must be received at this office by 28 February 2022

Please note:
All documents must be in either English or French. Any documents not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation.

To provide the requested document(s) from the Application Details page, click the “View submitted application” button at the bottom of the page and follow the instructions provided on the Documents Submitted page.

Should you be unable to provide the information and/or other documents requested you must advise us in writing detailing the reasons why you cannot provide the document/information requested. You must upload this written explanation electronically through the MyCIC portal in lieu of the document requested.

You must provide these document(s) within the timeframe indicated in your MyCIC account. You will not be able to submit your document electronically after this timeframe has expired.

If you fail to comply with this requirement, a decision concerning your application will be made based upon the information already submitted with this application.

VO?

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
AoR 26th September
Ghost Update just now

imannoyed

Nov 2, 2021
As far as I know, all other permits get cancelled when ecopr gets issued. I dont want to risk anything when I enter back in Canada on 26th. So just want to be sure if waiting to respond to the email is right thing to do or should I let them know m out of country.
You are correct, if you have your eCopr issued your permits will be void and you will have no document to enter Canada with (eCopr is not helpful in that case).
Just so you know, I was out of the country on Nov 26th when I got the first email and decided to wait until Jan 19th when I returned to Canada. I sent the address and photos but didn't get eCopr yet, which is unusually long but not unheard of.
Edit: I did reply the first email while outside the country and got the credentials though.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022

jahnvi_ar

Feb 27, 2020
You are correct, if you have your eCopr issued your permits will be void and you will have no document to enter Canada with (eCopr is not helpful in that case).
Just so you know, I was out of the country on Nov 26th when I got the first email and decided to wait until Jan 19th when I returned to Canada. I sent the address and photos but didn't get eCopr yet, which is unusually long but not unheard of.
Edit: I did reply the first email while outside the country and got the credentials though.
Thankyou for the info.
Also, did you mention in the email that you were out of country?

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I got a GU today as well and they passed my old medical as part of the update. AOR Sept 02. Atleast some movement after 4 months of silence. Now Eligibility, Medical, Criminality passed and Security not started.
Great! Some progress!

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.