+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC September 2019 applicants join here for updates

AnilK2015

Apr 22, 2020
I also have COPR along with visa stamped on passport but how do you know they are doing phone landing? Did you talk with them? Did they give you a date and time for phone call?
I just called for booking an appointment. They informed me that the local office would contact me. And then after 2 hours I received an email from Ottawa office on confirmation of legal PR status.

bodrumb

Star Member
Jun 22, 2018
I just called for booking an appointment. They informed me that the local office would contact me. And then after 2 hours I received an email from Ottawa office on confirmation of legal PR status.
Sorry mate i am a little bit confused. What you mean by legal PR Status? Are you going to get a phone interview or not? Also what about your PR Card?

AnilK2015

Apr 22, 2020
Sorry mate i am a little bit confused. What you mean by legal PR Status? Are you going to get a phone interview or not? Also what about your PR Card?
Legal PR mean I am a Permanent Resident.

It seems I am not going to get an interview as they seem to consider my call with the agent as interview.

For getting PR card, I need to send COPR with a new Photograph. I have to speak with agent once again to confirm whether to sign the COPR or not when sending it along with Photograph.

bodrumb

Star Member
Jun 22, 2018
Negative! There is no way to get appointment right now. I used webform to request an appointment and here is the email i got this morning.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

The Government of Canada is closely monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and any impacts on IRCC clients.

To manage the outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), the Prime Minister announced travel restrictions that will limit travel to Canada.

We understand that these measures will affect several IRCC clients, including those who have received a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and are currently inside Canada.

• Validating a COPR at a Port of Entry (POE):
    • due to the current travel restrictions, you should not travel to a POE to validate your COPR,
    • travelling to a POE from inside Canada for the purpose of getting immigration services is not considered essential travel, and you will not receive these services.
  • Appointment at a local IRCC office:
    • all in-person permanent resident landing appointments at the local IRCC offices have been cancelled until further notice,
    • local offices are reduced to critical services, therefore, no appointments can be scheduled at this time.
  • What happens next?
    • maintaining a legal temporary resident status is an important requirement. If your status is about to expire, you must apply online for an extension (visitor, student or worker),
    • we invite you to visit our website regularly to receive up-to-date information as more announcements are made.
Please be assured that we continue to closely monitor the situation and provide you with the most current information as the situation evolves.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

poonamdangi

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
AOR Received.
18-09-2019
Med's Done....
09-10-2019
Negative!
Seeing for those who got delivered between 3/9 to 3/12 though over past two weeks... any luck with your case?
Nothing. Actually with PPR I received another letter saying that at the time of landing I should have an address outside Quebec. So I dont know they how they will treat applicants who applied from Quebec.

Reactions: shireendeshmukh

yongeandreid

Apr 30, 2020
Hi, thanks for the helpful information! I have a few questions along with our data points. I'll update when possible.

AOR: September 8, 2019
PPR: March 4
Passport copies and requested photos delivered to Ottawa: Confirmed March 23

We applied under EE CEC, inland, live in Toronto, all of us born US Citizens. My husband has an employer specific WP, is Primary applicant. Our two kids and I have visitor permits to accompany him. All expiring 5/30/20.

1. Once you receive PPR request, have they reviewed your complete application and cleared it or can you still get denied?
In the portal, the status bar is at 100% but then it says taking longer to process than usual and all the application steps are still "under review" except medical. I didn't really understand PPR was a big process milestone until i started BOWP research.

2. It's unlikely we'll receive COPR and then the interview or phone call by May 30th when our permits expire. We started the application for a BOWP and visitor extensions. Would you file them ASAP at 30 days as suggested or wait a couple weeks and hope we somehow complete the process and avoid $550 in additional fees?

3.There's no phase of the application process that gives implied status until you complete the landing/actual interview/phone call, correct? Receiving COPR does not grant implied status? BOWP is our only option?

Thank you and best of luck!

ptrivedi9898

Aug 23, 2016
Hello,
Do I need to let IRCC and AINP know about current working status as I don't work right now due to COVID-19? but I still have my job until the government says we can in Alberta. I didn't work since March 20, 2020. I am getting EI and CERB though.