CEC - September 2018 AOR

TheHaiderRaja

Star Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Hi guys,
I received my PR yesterday and I thought I would share my timeline and experience.

I submitted my profile on sept 4 and received an ITA on sept 5. I noticed my nationality on my IELTS TRF was incorrect. I had it corrected but this changed my TRF number and result date. I explained this very clearly in my cover letter and provided both certificates. My CRS was 526, IELTS 8.5, and NOC0711. I mentioned every job I’ve had and also included a table in my cover letter to show my travel history since this application section was a little unclear.

I submitted my application on sept 17 with an upfront medical and all fees. My medical status was updated on Oct 13 and I received a ghost update on Jan 3. I also applied for GCMS on Dec 18 and received them on Jan 15.

I received a presecheduled landing interview appointment email on Jan 16. The interview was very casual and took a few minutes. I was asked about basic questions from my application and nothing random. I showed up exactly on time but still had to wait in line for around an hour. I suggest showing up a little early if possible.

Feel free to ask me any questions and good luck to everyone waiting.

paps_2018

Nov 16, 2018
Hi guys,
I received my PR yesterday and I thought I would share my timeline and experience.

I submitted my profile on sept 4 and received an ITA on sept 5. I noticed my nationality on my IELTS TRF was incorrect. I had it corrected but this changed my TRF number and result date. I explained this very clearly in my cover letter and provided both certificates. My CRS was 526, IELTS 8.5, and NOC0711. I mentioned every job I’ve had and also included a table in my cover letter to show my travel history since this application section was a little unclear.

I submitted my application on sept 17 with an upfront medical and all fees. My medical status was updated on Oct 13 and I received a ghost update on Jan 3. I also applied for GCMS on Dec 18 and received them on Jan 15.

I received a presecheduled landing interview appointment email on Jan 16. The interview was very casual and took a few minutes. I was asked about basic questions from my application and nothing random. I showed up exactly on time but still had to wait in line for around an hour. I suggest showing up a little early if possible.

My AOR is 11th Sep and no ghost updates and no PPR :( How many applicants where in your CEC application? Mine is 3. My spouse and my child are in India. Do you think this impacts the time taken to get PPR.

Reactions: nykares

hannahacls88

Oct 17, 2018
Hi guys,

Congratulations on your PR :)

My AOR is also September 17th, I received a ghost update on October 12th but nothing since. My medical and fees were done upfront. I ordered my GCMS notes and everything looked normal. I'm guessing that it just depends on who is processing the application.

I called earlier in the week and my background and eligibility checks are still in progress. The last time my file was updated by someone was on January 9th. Hopefully, I hear something soon. I am an inland CEC applicant.

Ivric

Sep 27, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Congratulations on your PR :)

My AOR is also September 17th, I received a ghost update on October 12th but nothing since. My medical and fees were done upfront. I ordered my GCMS notes and everything looked normal. I'm guessing that it just depends on who is processing the application.

I called earlier in the week and my background and eligibility checks are still in progress. The last time my file was updated by someone was on January 9th. Hopefully, I hear something soon. I am an inland CEC applicant.
how long did you take to get your GCMS notes.

Ivric

Sep 27, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
My AOR is 11th Sep and no ghost updates and no PPR :( How many applicants where in your CEC application? Mine is 3. My spouse and my child are in India. Do you think this impacts the time taken to get PPR.
I guess we might have to deal with Biometrics for our dependents outside Canada.

Loyaltocanada

Jan 21, 2019
Is it normal to move to IP1 before getting Med Pass. ??
I moved to IP1 and my Medical still shows that medical is not required

lissylin

Star Member
May 2, 2018
Hi guys,

In which city your interview happened?

Johnkhuwaja

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
Hi guys,

Hey! Congratulations on your news!

My AOR was done on Oct. 25, 2018. Medical got passed on Nov. 23rd and there was a ghost update on my account on Dec. 13. It's an assumption if you get a ghost update that means good news is around the corner which clearly didn't happen in my case. However, when I called CIC a couple of days before, they said my eligibility doesn't seem to have an issue. My criminality has passed. The security yet to be started.

Also, I'm waiting on GSM notes which would give me a better picture. Now my question is how long does it take them to process security check? And is it a new trend of calling people for interviews because I never heard of it before especially when it is CEC inland applicant?

TheHaiderRaja

Star Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Just me on my application.

TheHaiderRaja

Star Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Hey! Congratulations on your news!

My AOR was done on Oct. 25, 2018. Medical got passed on Nov. 23rd and there was a ghost update on my account on Dec. 13. It's an assumption if you get a ghost update that means good news is around the corner which clearly didn't happen in my case. However, when I called CIC a couple of days before, they said my eligibility doesn't seem to have an issue. My criminality has passed. The security yet to be started.

Also, I'm waiting on GSM notes which would give me a better picture. Now my question is how long does it take them to process security check? And is it a new trend of calling people for interviews because I never heard of it before especially when it is CEC inland applicant?
Thank you! Hang in there, you’ll probably hear something soon. My online application still shows in progress even though I’ve received my PR lol

kaiyu1993

Jan 26, 2019
Hey . I received email for an interview on 24th jan and i am in India right now . So i replied to the email To reschedule . But I haven’t received any reply from CIC . I am trying to call cic but everytime they are saying very high volume call so they can’t transfer my call . Its already 22 jan . I am so worried. Can anyone suggest whAt should i do ?
Hi @Harneetksidhu, do you finally get to reschedule the direct landing interview? I may be in the same situation as you and very anxious. Can you please share with me what to do to reschedule? Thank you for much for your kind help.