Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
LANDED..........
21-03-15
Hello everyone,

I would like to apply earlier than I am allowed to for my PR under CEC. Here's my timeline, I worked from May 01/13 to May 31/13 as an intern for a company (part of my Canadian studies) after which I graduated and started working full time from june 2013 till date. I want to apply earlier than I am eligible to because if I apply in June 2013, I am afraid I will not have enough time to apply for a BOWP and my employer has informed me that they will terminate my employment when my work permit expires (that's on July 02/14). In order to avoid this I plan on applying in May and then sending out another application in June 2014. I am also not sure if the AOR process can be expedited (if so, please advise).

Question is, do you think I will receive my AOR for the May application? Please advise.

Thanks!

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
Hope1957 said:
Hello everyone,

I would like to apply earlier than I am allowed to for my PR under CEC. Here's my timeline, I worked from May 01/13 to May 31/13 as an intern for a company (part of my Canadian studies) after which I graduated and started working full time from june 2013 till date. I want to apply earlier than I am eligible to because if I apply in June 2013, I am afraid I will not have enough time to apply for a BOWP and my employer has informed me that they will terminate my employment when my work permit expires (that's on July 02/14). In order to avoid this I plan on applying in May and then sending out another application in June 2014. I am also not sure if the AOR process can be expedited (if so, please advise).

Question is, do you think I will receive my AOR for the May application? Please advise.

Thanks!
If your work experience is short even by one day they will return your application. There is no other way around, work experience must has to be one year regardless. I would suggest you to complete your one year then apply and if you do not get your AOR by July then take vacations from work until you get your AOR. Once you get your AOR go ahead and apply BOWP and resume work again.

whymeee

Apr 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Some forum members have gotten their BOWP's without submitting an AOR. ;)

Hope1957

Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
LANDED..........
21-03-15
Thank you for your responses.

I plan on applying under NOC B (6235) on June 06/14. Do you guys think I will make it? Currently 35 applications have been received.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Hope1957 said:
Thank you for your responses.

I plan on applying under NOC B (6235) on June 06/14. Do you guys think I will make it? Currently 35 applications have been received.
Its hard to say.

BigBee

Oct 10, 2013
My suggestion.... since you will have minimal number of days between your 1 year experience and your WP expiry, get all your documents readily available and once you complete your 1 year experience, get your experience letter AFTER you complete 1 year time period and send the application. Just before your WP expiry, apply for BOWP and if you havent got AOR, send a covering letter giving enough information about your CEC application. You will be in implied status until your BOWP is approved from the WP expiry date which allows you to work legally.

Hope1957

Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
LANDED..........
21-03-15
Thanks guys! :)

I am just worried sick that by the time I am eligible to apply, my NOC cap would have been reached and at the moment I don't have any other alternatives for a PR. :'(

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
I generally recommend not only one year, but one year + 2 weeks of safety margin to avoid calculation mishaps.

Do that and work on implied status, take some unpaid vacation or a mix of these until you get AOR and can apply for BOWP.

Sophia.B

Star Member
Dec 25, 2012
You have to wait till one year. if not, you just gonna wast your time and money and energy. I did that, I was a week short, but my hours were over they asked, they still refused me after 9 months waiting. there is no doubt. and no question and no luck if you dont have one year working experience.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Sophia.B said:
You have to wait till one year. if not, you just gonna wast your time and money and energy. I did that, I was a week short, but my hours were over they asked, they still refused me after 9 months waiting. there is no doubt. and no question and no luck if you dont have one year working experience.
Can you please state from when to till you worked? and how were you week short? So say for example you Started working on January 1st and date on your reference letter stated 22 December. Is that how you were a week short ??

Hope1957

Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
LANDED..........
21-03-15
I agree, but I just don't have that kind of time on hand. I really am under a tight deadline. I can afford to have two separate CEC applications, that's why I asked if I can apply earlier than I am allowed to just to get my AOR. Plus I don't want to risk not having a spot available when I am actually eligible, because I waited a couple of weeks after becoming eligible. My employer is going to terminate my employment as soon as my existing work permit expires. I can't work on implied status, I have to wait for the new work permit to arrive.

Thanks guys for all your advise :).

thisisauser said:
I generally recommend not only one year, but one year + 2 weeks of safety margin to avoid calculation mishaps.

Do that and work on implied status, take some unpaid vacation or a mix of these until you get AOR and can apply for BOWP.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hope1957 said:
I agree, but I just don't have that kind of time on hand. I really am under a tight deadline. I can afford to have two separate CEC applications, that's why I asked if I can apply earlier than I am allowed to just to get my AOR. Plus I don't want to risk not having a spot available when I am actually eligible, because I waited a couple of weeks after becoming eligible. My employer is going to terminate my employment as soon as my existing work permit expires. I can't work on implied status, I have to wait for the new work permit to arrive.
Why wait to be terminated? I assume you're on a PGWP. Since the LMO is easy to obtain for employers who want to hire someone currently on a PGWP (no advertising required), you could be looking now for a new job, with the idea of getting a TWP.