+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Requirement for intra company transfers?

nathahakck

Sep 1, 2018
Hi All

I am working in a multi national company with active branch in canada. I was offered to get intra company transfer to canada for period of 1 year. I want to know when you do the intra company transfers, what are the requirements for getting eligible for CEC. ?

I should have a temporary work permit, Tax file bank account and is there are anything else?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All

I am working in a multi national company with active branch in canada. I was offered to get intra company transfer to canada for period of 1 year. I want to know when you do the intra company transfers, what are the requirements for getting eligible for CEC. ?

I should have a temporary work permit, Tax file bank account and is there are anything else?
You need to work in Canada for a full year to qualify for CEC. You also need to meet the other CEC criteria to apply (e.g. IELTS, ECA, minimum 67 FSW points, etc.) and have enough CRS points to be selected out of the pool of applicants.

You'll obviously need a letter from your employer and other such documents that are required as part of the application process. Suggest you read through the details on the IRCC web site.

nathahakck

Sep 1, 2018
You need to work in Canada for a full year to qualify for CEC. You also need to meet the other CEC criteria to apply (e.g. IELTS, ECA, minimum 67 FSW points, etc.) and have enough CRS points to be selected out of the pool of applicants.

You'll obviously need a letter from your employer and other such documents that are required as part of the application process. Suggest you read through the details on the IRCC web site.
Thanks a lot for response.

I am 29 years of age and have masters degree. So does my spouse. I think we have enough points with NOC A experience. Only problem is that IELTS scores are not at CLB 9 . So want to make sure we at least eligible for CEC .

So inter company transfers with temporary residency work permit eligible for CEC after 1 year period? Or is there are difference between LMIA job offer and intra company transfer

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks a lot for response.

I am 29 years of age and have masters degree. So does my spouse. I think we have enough points with NOC A experience. Only problem is that IELTS scores are not at CLB 9 . So want to make sure we at least eligible for CEC .

So inter company transfers with temporary residency work permit eligible for CEC after 1 year period? Or is there are difference between LMIA job offer and intra company transfer
I would say the main difference is whether you can claim the extra 50 points for having a job offer in Canada. With an LMIA supported work permit, you can claim those points immediately. With an ICT, you need to wait until you have worked in Canada for a full year and additionally need a letter from your employer stating they will continue to employ you for at least a year after you get PR.

Make sure you have IELTS General results (Academic test results are not accepted for immigration purposes).