Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
27-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
29-Jan-2014
sorry to hear that, are you sure the HR letter you got from Company has at least some of the below duties which is applicable to your NOC COde 1112? You mentioned you got a "standard" HR letter from you company, but sometime such standard letters will not have all the information needed!!

Financial analysts perform some or all of the following duties:

Evaluate financial risk, prepare financial forecasts, financing scenarios and other documents concerning capital management, and write reports and recommendations

Plan short- and long-term cash flows and assess financial performance

Analyze investment projects

Advise on and participate in the financial aspects of contracts and calls for tender

Follow up on financing projects with financial backers

Develop, implement and use tools for managing and analyzing financial portfolio

Prepare a regular risk profile for debt portfolios

Assist in preparing operating and investment budgets.

just few my cents..

bakergangster

Apr 12, 2013
You should an email for an official reply, there are rare cases they re open cases when they make a mistake. I find it very strange you got rejected even with your T4, paystubs, employment letter... it seemed like you had more than enough proof for your experience yet the VO didn't agree...

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
seton said:
Did you provide a "reference letter", i.e. a letter detailing your detailed duties performed from your first job? Did your first job meet the eligibility criteria (i.e. skill and duration?)
Seton is asking the correct question. Did your ref. letter meet all the requirements as were outlined in the documents check list? It would not be enough to provide a company job description as that doesn't prove that you completed the work.

CEC needs a letter from a supervisor confirming that you actually completed the mentioned duties. If your ref. letter didn't provide all of the required details on it's own, then you don't really have any hope of an appear.

If the letter did mention everything that was required, something is definitely wrong!

passingby

Star Member
Nov 3, 2012
Sorry to hear about your rejection... I would suggest you to order GCMS notes on your PAPER FILE. so at least you can check if they lost your documents

spookyb

Mar 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Feb-2013
AOR Received.
22-Mar-2013
Med's Request
06-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
16-Dec-2013
Passport Req..
24-Mar-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
10-Apr-2014
jsm0085 said:
Seton is asking the correct question. Did your ref. letter meet all the requirements as were outlined in the documents check list? It would not be enough to provide a company job description as that doesn't prove that you completed the work.

CEC needs a letter from a supervisor confirming that you actually completed the mentioned duties. If your ref. letter didn't provide all of the required details on it's own, then you don't really have any hope of an appear.

If the letter did mention everything that was required, something is definitely wrong!
Jsm0085, you and Seton may be right. I'm surprised, though, by what the VO wrote in the rejection letter, i.e., that the applicant provided no documentation as proof of their employment. According to the OP, quite a lot of documentation was provided. Usually, the VO will say that the rejection is due to duties not being included in the reference letter. Could it be that the VO just missed the letter altogether? Of course, this should not happen since Sydney does completion checks. GCMS notes would help. I would also recommend getting a hold of the physical file to see if the letter is actually in there or not. That way, there may be a case for judicial review if the VO actually missed evidence that was in the file.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
ondine said:
My impression from what mainzlly said was that there were two documents: 1) a letter from his employer with work history, job title, salary and company information; 2) an independent document with the description of his duties taken from HR. The fact that the description was in a different, perhaps non-official document, might've been a problem...
I agree with ondine's assessment, for some reason it seems like the VO did not see your original letter. If there was a problem with the letter itself, the VO usually would have indicated that.

When & where it got misplaced is hard to say - it is possible that GCMS notes could shed some light on that. I would go ahead and request that immediately, but understand that it takes about 1 month to receive.

My other suggestion would be to write or email CIC immediately and request that the refusal be reconsidered as it appears the VO made an error. From the reason stated for refusal, it appears that the VO did not consider the Letter of Employment that you submitted with your application. Include copies of the VO's assessment and the original employment letter (w/attachment).

Forget "judicial review." It will cost time & money and would be much easier to simply re-apply (if you can still qualify). But if the error is on CIC's side, you have a good chance of having the file reopened.

And once again, a lesson to current and future applicants - Do NOT send anything to CIC that is NOT required. "Updating" CIC with a new job offer letter AFTER you applied is asking for trouble. At best, it is unnecessary and irrelevant. At worst, it will cause confusion...

ondine

Star Member
Aug 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2012
AOR Received.
30-10-2012
mainzlly,

Just one last thing. Even if the VO did not see your letter of reference, jsm and seton do have a point. Your duties should've been included in it.

What exactly is this other document with the description of your duties? Is it an official document from the HR department? Or is it something you drafted? If the latter, this could still pose a problem to you even if you get CIC to reassess your application.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Entirely possible that the lack of job duties in the letter of employment itself was the reason for refusal, even tho the VO's letter does not say that (usually it does). You won't know unless you get the GCMS notes or appeal the decision.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Even if it was a separate document, as long as it was from HR, surely it would have had the company letterhead or name of person who signed it? It seems the reference letter was not detailed enough to satisfy the officer that you performed these duties.
If you don't mind, can you post what was written on the original reference letter? That may help shed some light.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Definitely apply for the GCMS notes (takes a month) and the PHYSICAL FILE (takes two months). While the notes will give you a better idea than the refusal letter, until you see exactly which documents the VO viewed you will not know for sure if something got mislaid.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Apply for physical file the same as GCMS. I haven't looked at the new online version but there must be a place to select Physical File as well as GCMS.

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ya new version ask for the file as an EMAIL or CD.
No such option like physical file in online application.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
mainzlly said:
I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the Canadian Experience Class and have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
According to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, applicants in the Canadian Experience Class are assessed on the basis of the pass/fail requirements set out in subsection R87.1(2). The assessment of these criteria determines whether a worker with Canadian experience will be able to become economically established in Canada. The criteria are:
• knowledge of English or French,
• Canadian skilled work experience,
• Canadian educational credentials (for the Post-Graduation Stream only).
Your application was assessed based on the occupation(s) which you identified as part of your skilled work experience in Canada: NOC 1112 (my job title)
I am not satisfied that you meet skilled work experience requirement based on the information provided. You requested assessment under NOC 1112 for employment with (my employer's name) from (date)/11. You failed to provide any documentation in support of this employment. This office received from you on (date)/13, updated information regarding your personal history along with a letter dated (date)/13 from (my second employer) offering the position of (new job's title) commencing (new job starting date).
From the information provided I am not satisfied you have acquired twelve months of full-time skilled work experience in Canada at a National Occupational Classification skill of type O or level A or B in the last twenty-four months prior to the submission of your application and after having obtained a Canadian educational credential.
Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(1) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.
Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and Regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.
Hi I don't think the Officer is questioning your employment reference. The visa officer is saying you don't have enough work experience -- That is the reason for denial. So I would say, go over your timelines, since you worked two jobs, it is very easy to mess up the timeline, and try to find out why the officer thinks you don't have enough work experience. It is clear that the officer thinks you don't have 1 year (or is it 2 year??) work experience.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
@ manzilly: iamroth makes a very good point. As you were a student, it is possible that you may have applied too soon before you were eligible.

1. when was your graduation ceremony?
2. when did you receive your post-graduate work permit?
3. when did you begin working(please provide dates of both jobs)?
4. how many hours per week did you work(please provide for both jobs)?
The answers to these questions will shed more light.

You have to begin counting eligible work experience for CEC AFTER graduation and working with the PGWP, regardless of when you begin working.

Example: let's assume you received confirmation of having finished your degree program on Jan 12, 2010. Applied for PGWP on Feb 10th. Got a skilled job offer and started working with off-campus work permit on Mar 7, 2010(note that work done with this type of work permit does not count towards CEC eligible work experience). You received PGWP on April 28, 2010.

You begin working at the same job with your PGWP on May 1, 2010. Your graduation ceremony took place on June 10, 2010. You have to begin counting eligible work experience for CEC from June 11, 2010 not earlier. So you would have to work full-time(or part-time equivalent) until at least June 11, 2011(even longer if you were working part-time because you would need a total of at least 1950 hours AND at least 12 months).

If you apply for CEC in Mar 2011, you will be rejected because June 2010(when you received a Canadian credential) to Mar 2011 is 9 months.

To be eligible for CEC, you would have to apply sometime AFTER June 11, 2011.

Based on the above, do you think you may have applied too early?