+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Rejected and Reconsideration denied - What am I missing?

Jun 2, 2019
You can't restore your status to a BOWP. If your BOWP is refused, all you'll be able to do is restore your status back to visitor. You have to be holding a valid work permit at the time you apply for a BOWP to qualify.
THank you, In case my BWOP is rejected (let say because my 1st PR application was rejected) how could I request to be reopened with my 2nd AOR like rob-immigrationstory's case?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
THank you, In case my BWOP is rejected (let say because my 1st PR application was rejected) how could I request to be reopened with my 2nd AOR like rob-immigrationstory's case?
You would have to send a case specific inquiry to IRCC and request that it be re-opened. It's entirely up to them if they re-open or not. Might work or might not.

RanaHamdi

Star Member
Dec 16, 2018
Oh but you were already without status and trying to restore? My case is I applied from PostGraduate WP to Bridging with my 1st AOR, my PR application got rejected as incomplete and my BOWP is still processing, Im planning to upload the 2nd AOR and link it to my BOWP app to get approved. if this doesnt work I guess I could try to restore status with my 2nd AOR to new BOWP?
No I thought my pr will get rejected but it didn't yet. So I was on implied status and got my bowp approved.

Jurgen2019

Aug 27, 2019
Update in case anyone has a similar story - I sent a web form explaining my situation and new PR application. Unfortunately it was recently denied and I had to quit my job that day. My second application is in IP1 currently and I have 90 days to apply for a visitor visa.

Pretty lame situation all around. Hopefully it may be useful to someone later though.
How long did it take for the BWOP to be processed?

Diamond42

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Hi guys,

my PR application under CEC was refused last month. I'm no longer allowed to work as my work permit expired too and it's really being tough for these past few weeks.

I thought it wise to tell you these first to give proper context to my story as I seek your advice

The reason for refusal was my foreign work experience. They said they don't believe I did all I claimed I did in the letter of reference I submitted. When they deducted the 50 points for the work expereonce, I then fell below the lowest crs points for my round of invitation, and then subsequently refused. However, they didn't give me 15 points for my Canadian education (a lawyer pointed this out to me last week) and if they had done so, I would still have qualified even with the 50 points Because the letter stated that when they deducted it, I fell below the minimum crs points. So the lawyer representing me for this is saying that we should do a reconsideration for this and we are doing it this week.

Pls what do you think are my chances?

Is there any time frame for submitting reconsideration after receiving the refusal letter.

Pls someokne help me...

horizonj

Jun 9, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-06-2020
Hi guys,

my PR application under CEC was refused last month. I'm no longer allowed to work as my work permit expired too and it's really being tough for these past few weeks.

I thought it wise to tell you these first to give proper context to my story as I seek your advice

The reason for refusal was my foreign work experience. They said they don't believe I did all I claimed I did in the letter of reference I submitted. When they deducted the 50 points for the work expereonce, I then fell below the lowest crs points for my round of invitation, and then subsequently refused. However, they didn't give me 15 points for my Canadian education (a lawyer pointed this out to me last week) and if they had done so, I would still have qualified even with the 50 points Because the letter stated that when they deducted it, I fell below the minimum crs points. So the lawyer representing me for this is saying that we should do a reconsideration for this and we are doing it this week.

Pls what do you think are my chances?

Is there any time frame for submitting reconsideration after receiving the refusal letter.

Pls someokne help me...
Hi there, what made them doubt your foreign work experience? Was there a missing details on your reference letter?