+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Rejected and Reconsideration denied - What am I missing?

rob-immigrationstory

Star Member
Dec 27, 2018
Hi, I was guided here by a friend and I see I made a correct decision checking this forum. I got my PR application rejected today, the same reasons which OP mentioned, I realize 1 line of responsibilities were not enough to appease the visa officer. However, it seems that application to reconsider seems futile, I will have to send in a second application. I have till July when my Work Permit expires, and I really need to figure it out. I have following questions for you kind people here, I would really appreciate any response

1. I will be applying again, I need to sort out my employment letters and the responsibilities mentioned. Is there any format/example you guys could share with me so that I don't repeat it again?
2. I am from India, and we need to get a police clearance certificate. Would I need to get it again before I apply next? I understand I will have to give medical again.
3. I quit my job to focus on startup but have 1.5 years of experience in Canada, would it affect/ or has it affected my PR application?

I would be very grateful if you could help me out here.
Sorry to hear that, I'm not an expert in this nor I think I will be. I can't answer 1 or 2 with confidence, but I think if you have 1 years of experience within the last 3 years calendar years from applying then you are okay.

Post a new thread in the Express Entry forum and good luck..

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Right - what's the effective difference between applying today, in 30 days, 60, etc?
The difference is, you have a PR application in process. You are not eligible for PR if you are staying in Canada without authorization, if you delay in restoring status it could lead to a refusal. Apply for restoration and a visitor's permit ASAP. Or, leave Canada ASAP to wait out the processing period....

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi, I was guided here by a friend and I see I made a correct decision checking this forum. I got my PR application rejected today, the same reasons which OP mentioned, I realize 1 line of responsibilities were not enough to appease the visa officer. However, it seems that application to reconsider seems futile, I will have to send in a second application. I have till July when my Work Permit expires, and I really need to figure it out. I have following questions for you kind people here, I would really appreciate any response

1. I will be applying again, I need to sort out my employment letters and the responsibilities mentioned. Is there any format/example you guys could share with me so that I don't repeat it again?

See the section, "Proof of work experience" - it outlines all the required information
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

2. I am from India, and we need to get a police clearance certificate. Would I need to get it again before I apply next? I understand I will have to give medical again.
Did you leave Canada and return to India? If not, if you have continued to live in Canada, then your previous PCC may still be valid. What is the date on it?

3. I quit my job to focus on startup but have 1.5 years of experience in Canada, would it affect/ or has it affected my PR application?
In what way do you think it would affect your PR application? If it is in Canada and with proper authorization (PGWP?), it's not a crime. It just doesn't add to your points.

Johnkhuwaja

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
Since this page slightly focuses on the reasons of rejections, therefore, I would like to share my concerns about NOCs and job duties. My PR application is already under process and waiting for a decision. However, being nervous applicant, I would like to ask if I've 8 months of experience as a service planner which didn't have an exact NOV and I had to put it under administration NOC because of my job duties matching that particular NOC. Now I verified my job duties from DOCveri and they suggested me to go for administration NOC. I've my reference letter correctly drafted with all the other information. Do you guys thing there could be a possible rejection to my application?

P.S: My current job which counts the remaining time out of one year has a exact NOC with matching duties.

ak120289

Nov 3, 2018
thank you , I really appreciate it
Sorry to hear that, I'm not an expert in this nor I think I will be. I can't answer 1 or 2 with confidence, but I think if you have 1 years of experience within the last 3 years calendar years from applying then you are okay.

Post a new thread in the Express Entry forum and good luck..

ak120289

Nov 3, 2018
Thank you, my Police clearance certificate is dated around 1st week of October 2018. I didn't go to India since then but have been to States.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Thank you, my Police clearance certificate is dated around 1st week of October 2018. I didn't go to India since then but have been to States.
It is fine, you can still use it.

rob-immigrationstory

Star Member
Dec 27, 2018
Hey everyone,

Great thing happened today. My work permit (BWOP) was reopened today! I paid the fee and it is now processing again.

I was out of status since January 17, I applied for restoration of status which is still pending as well. Neither my second PR app, restoration visitor visa or BWOP has been approved as of yet, but I think my BWOP will be.

I have a question... am I still out of status, or am I back to implied status?? i lost my status because my BWOP was denied, but the same application and case was reopened. Does anyone have an idea?

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

RanaHamdi

Star Member
Dec 16, 2018
Hey everyone,

Great thing happened today. My work permit (BWOP) was reopened today! I paid the fee and it is now processing again.

I was out of status since January 17, I applied for restoration of status which is still pending as well. Neither my second PR app, restoration visitor visa or BWOP has been approved as of yet, but I think my BWOP will be.

I have a question... am I still out of status, or am I back to implied status?? i lost my status because my BWOP was denied, but the same application and case was reopened. Does anyone have an idea?

Hello, I am on the same boat, Could you please share your updates ?

Jun 2, 2019
Hey everyone,

Hi Rob I am the same situation could you update? Thank you

Jun 2, 2019
My bowp just got approved last week. Pr no idea
Oh but you were already without status and trying to restore? My case is I applied from PostGraduate WP to Bridging with my 1st AOR, my PR application got rejected as incomplete and my BOWP is still processing, Im planning to upload the 2nd AOR and link it to my BOWP app to get approved. if this doesnt work I guess I could try to restore status with my 2nd AOR to new BOWP?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Oh but you were already without status and trying to restore? My case is I applied from PostGraduate WP to Bridging with my 1st AOR, my PR application got rejected as incomplete and my BOWP is still processing, Im planning to upload the 2nd AOR and link it to my BOWP app to get approved. if this doesnt work I guess I could try to restore status with my 2nd AOR to new BOWP?
You can't restore your status to a BOWP. If your BOWP is refused, all you'll be able to do is restore your status back to visitor. You have to be holding a valid work permit at the time you apply for a BOWP to qualify.

Jun 2, 2019
Hey everyone,

How did you get your BWOP reopened?