+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC refused - Job description does not match NOC - HELP!!!!

Zeng

Nov 9, 2011
Hi, I need help on my CEC application!

I applied in April 2011 and got my file# last month from Ottawa. I received an email saying that my application is rejected, here is the quote:

"I am not satisfied that you meet the skilled work experience requirement. You indicated that you worked as an Account Manager for xxx Ltd. However, from the letter of reference from your employer, it would appear that you performed the duties of a Sales Clerk (NOC 6421, skill level C). As you do not have 12 months of work experience in an occupation with a NOC skill level of 0, A or B, you do not meet the Canadian skilled work experience requirement.

I have applied for NOC6221 B as Technical Sales. But the officer thinks I work as NOC6421 C retail sales. The company I work does not even have retail location. It is a technology company and only deal with government and commercial businesses, and I do believe I meet NOC6221 Level B.

I have sent them emails, but they do not respond. What do I do now?
Please help!!!!!

umairz

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2011
AOR Received.
19-10-2011
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
19-10-2011
Med's Done....
27-10-2011
Passport Req..
02-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-2011
LANDED..........
07-01-2012
Zeng said:
Hi, I need help on my CEC application!

I applied in April 2011 and got my file# last month from Ottawa. I received an email saying that my application is rejected, here is the quote:

"I am not satisfied that you meet the skilled work experience requirement. You indicated that you worked as an Account Manager for xxx Ltd. However, from the letter of reference from your employer, it would appear that you performed the duties of a Sales Clerk (NOC 6421, skill level C). As you do not have 12 months of work experience in an occupation with a NOC skill level of 0, A or B, you do not meet the Canadian skilled work experience requirement.

I have applied for NOC6221 B as Technical Sales. But the officer thinks I work as NOC6421 C retail sales. The company I work does not even have retail location. It is a technology company and only deal with government and commercial businesses, and I do believe I meet NOC6221 Level B.

I have sent them emails, but they do not respond. What do I do now?
Please help!!!!!
I don't think so you can get hold of them over the phone.. u need to get some legal assistance or you need to apply again with the correct information in the letter from your employer.

These are just suggestions and teh first thing that came to my mind. But definitely seek some assistance.

Did they send you AOR and ask for medical and stuff? or just refused right away?

Sep 27, 2011
I am sorry to hear about your rejection. I went trough that too, I applied for CEC august last year and I had to wait 11 months to get a refusal letter...I was so frustrated!! the reason was same as yours. I decided to ask my employer to write me a new employment letter with detailed job duties. I reapplied in September 1, 2011. 2 weeks later I received AOR with medicals, I was so surprised!! did you get medicals with your AOR?

umairz

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2011
AOR Received.
19-10-2011
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
19-10-2011
Med's Done....
27-10-2011
Passport Req..
02-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-2011
LANDED..........
07-01-2012
Well, guys sad to hear that! I can understand how would one feel when you come that far and than hit a failure point but I guess, it's not a dead end. Definitely re-apply and provide a new correct letter with the old one photocopy attached for elabotation.

So, Lifeisgood? Can you explain a little bit what was the flaw? Why did they think that letter is not good enough or you rwork experience?It might help other people on this forum:)

Thanks!

Zeng

Nov 9, 2011
NO, they did not ask me for anything, no AOR, no Medical.

Is there anyway I can re-open the case? It just takes too much time to reapply and I already at the last year of my 3 yr work permit.

So for Lifeisgood1011, how did you reapply and got the response so fast? Did you just send them a new Employment letter? Don't you need to wait for another 11 month to get a file#? Please let me know! Thank you!!

Sep 27, 2011
When I received the refusal letter i contacted many lawyers and they told me that I can appeal the decision at the federal courte house, but it takes time and costs alot of money ( between $ 4500 and $ 7000) and the result of the appeal is not even guaranteed. I asked some friends of mine and they told me why dont you reapply? I thought about it and I ened saying to myself why dont I reapply lets take another chance, it s a good idea!! it s gonna cost me just a new fee wishs $ 550 and i have to get a copy of IELTS and police clearance from canada and from my home country. in about 1 month after the rejection letter i had all documents. I sent my application and I got an email just after one week confirming that my application for PR was received, another week after I got AOR with medicals. I was so surprised and I couldn't believe it was that fast. I did my medical next day and I am still waiting now. hopefully I hear from them some good news.

Don't ever never loose hope brother,as long as there is hope there is life.

Reactions: JeanMary2012

jsa

Jul 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
rcd on 8th june 2011
AOR Received.
19th august
IELTS Request
along with application
Med's Request
september 1st 2011
Med's Done....
september 9th 2011
it is better to look in to job description defferently and make sure your job will be on skill O.A.B according to that desription and noc.

dont apeal or anything...!!!

these lawyers make money out of it and nothing going to happen in near future..............!!

say atleast in two years............!!

so you can look for any skilled job and have two years experience and apply again.....!!

or talk to your employer and re modify your disreption and try......!!

still check what your work permit says

if it has any specifications or not then act accordingly.......!!

as of my experience any lawyer or consultant are usless in this country.......!!

they dont know anything apart from making money.....!!

Zeng

Nov 9, 2011
Hi, Lifeisgood1101,

Did you re-apply by sending everything to Buffalo again? or send to your processing office. is yours process in Ottawa?

Is there a way to have everything sent back to me? many of my documentation are original and it will take time for me to get all the document together.

Lifeisgood1011 said:
When I received the refusal letter i contacted many lawyers and they told me that I can appeal the decision at the federal courte house, but it takes time and costs alot of money ( between $ 4500 and $ 7000) and the result of the appeal is not even guaranteed. I asked some friends of mine and they told me why dont you reapply? I thought about it and I ened saying to myself why dont I reapply lets take another chance, it s a good idea!! it s gonna cost me just a new fee wishs $ 550 and i have to get a copy of IELTS and police clearance from canada and from my home country. in about 1 month after the rejection letter i had all documents. I sent my application and I got an email just after one week confirming that my application for PR was received, another week after I got AOR with medicals. I was so surprised and I couldn't believe it was that fast. I did my medical next day and I am still waiting now. hopefully I hear from them some good news.

LoveVancouver

Feb 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
HSBC Centre, 1 RPC, Buffalo, NY, US
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2011
Refused mine too :( but the reason mentioned is VO is not satisfied with the IELTS score.
I have got overall 6.0, but as per cic guide for Skil Level 0 or A
7 or higher for each of the language abilities, or
6 for any one of the language abilities, 7 or higher for any other two of those abilities and 8 or higher for the remaining ability,

In my case I received file# and done with my medicals. And ecas is also updated to medicals received.
And decision made status has been updated in the ecas. Today I received just a copy of the letter for refusal.
In this case do I need to reapply freshly or can I appeal with the IELTS score of 7?

Sep 27, 2011
I am sorry to hear that your application been refused. They are really so strict when it comes to language test score. That why lawyers call it abusive language test. What you have to do now is to book for a new test and try your best to get over 7 in score and then you can reapply. You can't appeal this decision, you will just loose your time and money. I know how u feel now because I went trough that too, Don't be frausturated , it s never the end of life.

Zeng, for your case you have to submit a new application to buffalo. They won't send you any documents back, you have to get new ones yourself. What takes time is police clearance from canada and from your home country. Try and get that as soon as possible.

LoveVancouver

Feb 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2011
I appeared for IELTS another time after submitting my app and I got 6.5 overall band score. But I did it for someother purpose but i didnt share this with NY, buffalo /seattle buffalo

PF below the details

Listening 6.0
Reading 6.5
Writing 6.0
Speaking 7.5

Can I reapply with this score ?

LoveVancouver

Feb 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2011
Dear PMM/JES_ON/ other senior members,
I have received my file#, medicals done and ecas also updated to medicals received. So in this case sending the most recent IELTS score will help to reopen the my case? luckily I have the IELTS score with me.
Please shed some light....

Here is the latest IELTS score
Listening 6.0
Reading 6.5
Writing 6.0
Speaking 7.5

LoveVancouver

Feb 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2011
Appreciate your kind response!!!

Zeng

Nov 9, 2011
Hi, Lifeisgood,

For your second employment letter, did you need to change the job title too? Or do you just need more detailed job description which matches the NOC?

Did you apply the same NOC?

Thanks.

quote author=Lifeisgood1011 link=topic=87691.msg1097615#msg1097615 date=1320946362]

[/quote]