+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC refused - Job description does not match NOC - HELP!!!!

Sep 27, 2011
I asked a lawyer and he advised me to ask my boss to give me a new employment letter that describes my job duties in details wish's matche the NOC. Dont change the job title because they have a everything in their computer system, they might go and look at your first application and for sure they will find out.

rpun

Star Member
May 12, 2011
Hi, how are you Lifeisgood1011 ,

When you first apply for CEC, did you look at the CIC website and compare the main duties for your NOC CODE ???

IF YOU DID THAT, WHY DID YOU GOT A REJECT ???????

THANKS....

sdhull

Nov 16, 2011
I got refused from same case and i asked my employer to issue me new letter with detailed description of job duties. Before my job letter was too general. First my job title was technician and i asked my employer to put electronics technician. Does it make difference for cic or not.

immicec

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2011
Hey Lifeisgood1011, I need some advice. I'm sending my application for the first time, do I need police clearance or certified criminal record check in the police station? I just have my fingerprints done at the Commissioners.

Please help and many thanks!

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
immicec said:
Hey Lifeisgood1011, I need some advice. I'm sending my application for the first time, do I need police clearance or certified criminal record check in the police station? I just have my fingerprints done at the Commissioners.

Please help and many thanks!
You need to provide current police clearances for any country you have lived in for 6 months or more since the age of 18 EXCEPT Canada.

immicec

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2011
Thank you rjessome

Zeng

Nov 9, 2011
Hi, LifeisGood,

how did you get another copy of the IELTS. I tried to get a copy but they will only sent to Institutions/universities, how did you get it to sent to yourself?

Thanks

Lifeisgood1011 said:
When I received the refusal letter i contacted many lawyers and they told me that I can appeal the decision at the federal courte house, but it takes time and costs alot of money ( between $ 4500 and $ 7000) and the result of the appeal is not even guaranteed. I asked some friends of mine and they told me why dont you reapply? I thought about it and I ened saying to myself why dont I reapply lets take another chance, it s a good idea!! it s gonna cost me just a new fee wishs $ 550 and i have to get a copy of IELTS and police clearance from canada and from my home country. in about 1 month after the rejection letter i had all documents. I sent my application and I got an email just after one week confirming that my application for PR was received, another week after I got AOR with medicals. I was so surprised and I couldn't believe it was that fast. I did my medical next day and I am still waiting now. hopefully I hear from them some good news.

Don't ever never loose hope brother,as long as there is hope there is life.

Reapply

Jan 5, 2012
Hello lifeisgood
My application got Refused because of job responsiblities. Should i apply again with employment different job letter.

junecec

Star Member
Dec 28, 2011
Hi zeng and lifesgood,
I am just worried that my application might get rejected after reading your discussion. I also applied under NOC 6221 as zeng. My question to zeng is what is the title of your job in your employment letter? also, can you please post the exact duties as per your employment here if you dont mind? I have applied in June 2011 and havent heard anything since end of sep when they received my medicals. I'd really appreciate if you can post your job duties along with the title.
Thanks in advance!

harry86

Aug 20, 2011
i got my test result and i am applyied under B level

L-6
R-5.5
W-5
S-6
overall 5.5

so am i eligible for cec under category B?

thanks

Reapply

Jan 5, 2012
my title is technician and noc code b 2241. i got rejected by saying
employment job letter duties doesnt match with noc code. but one of my coworker
got his pr with same everything and same letter. i got refused. i m thinking to apply again.
is any advices?
i asked different or better Job letter that describe responsibilty according to noc code

junecec said:
lifeisgood and sd hull,
can you guys please tell me your job titles and NOC as well?

jennzhou

Feb 2, 2012
Hi zeng and lifeisgood,
I got rejected due to the same reason as yours. May I ask when you reapply, did you include a cover letter to describe the reason why you think you job do meet NOC requirement? Or explain why the first letter was not a appropiate description on your job duties? Or you guys just treat it as a brand new application including all document without mentioning any previous application? Thanks