+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - Query on eligibility date/ref letter

mailman234

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Hi friends, I am getting my paperwork ready for my Express Entry profile when the time comes and aiming for a CEC invitation. Two questions:

1) I commenced work in Canada on 26 October 2020 (my job is full-time, paid, 30+hrs/week, NOC 1123, still working). On which exact date could I submit my profile for CEC? Would it be 26 October or 27 October 2021 (or something else)?

2) I'm obtaining a reference letter from a previous employer in Australia. The role was in NOC 1123 and I worked for this company for 5.5 years. Throughout my time my title/team/managers changed at various stages. Only my last manager is still there at the company and I worked with her for about 2 years. She provided me a reference letter under the company's letterhead but due to company policy, she couldn't include my salary information and could only make a general statement about my responsibilities (it says"I was responsible for content marketing") when I was in her team. Is this sufficient information in a reference letter?

Cheers,